Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
PPL has always shipped promptly and at a reasonable price. Out of Door Mart is good, but it seems their shipping is a little high compared to others. I recently had good experience with price and prompt shipping from Vintage Trailer Supply. Amazon is good, but as others have said, one usually deals with smaller vendors.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I looked at Tweetys and they have a large catalog plus price match, thanks.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
I guess unless you use Amazon Prime your stuff is shipped by Pony Express. Out of Doors Mart is fair with shipping charges as long as you tell them to ship the most economical way. Plus they don't waste any time shipping. But anything CW has is cheaper on ebay or Amazon. Also agree on PPL. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #24
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
We have mainly used Amazon with prime, and I've had good luck. I have used Camping World twice and was pretty mad about them, had to cancel the first order. (Like you lied about inventory) I used their review and feedback system to let them know that it's beyond absurd in 2015 to be paying such high shipping fees and having shipping times of 10-15 business days before an order is processed. That's ridiculous.

But believe it or not, after searching 4 different vendors, they had the best deal on my vent covers when they were doing an internet sale. And they were in stock.

I understand that the RV world is used to older clientele, but a lot of these brands are surely going to miss out on the next generation when all the boomers pass along in the next decade.

Also, I'm not buying anything from someone that wants me to call to order. It's 2015, I'm 31 and have two kids under two, a business and a job. I don't have time for that crap. I want to point, click and get it done in under 15 mins and have it show up within a week or at least be shipped within 1-3 business days. 10-15 business days to ship an order, come on Camping World!!

Of course, being someone who works in web, I'm sure there is some high up who thinks he knows better about the internet than his advisors.

I have not used RV Parts, RV Accessories RV Supplies Priced Low yet, but they have a really good Google Shopping score. Might be worth looking into.

Getting off my soap box.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
Camping World ???

Ordered a high volume water pressure regulator from CW yesterday and this morning got an email saying it will be 30 days before they can ship it.

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
I've been renovating a 72 Overlander and have used Amazon, Vintage Trailer Supply and OODM. All great to deal with.

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
mccrosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:15 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
I've been renovating a 72 Overlander and have used Amazon, Vintage Trailer Supply and OODM. All great to deal with.
Oddly I've had really good luck with CW, but I buy 90% of the stuff if I catch it on sale. And I generally get everything delivered promptly. (Their catalog gives you a lot of ideas about how to waste money too!) Their brick and mortar stores are stocked well too.

BUT Shipping Cost? I keep getting HUGE boxes that are 1/2 to 1/3 full with air pouches or peanuts to fill the balance. UPS & FED-X both charge by dimensions & weight so big boxes that weigh 3 lbs. get charged like they weigh 25 lbs. That's why the high shipping charges - idiots in the shipping dept.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Laredo , Texas
During my renovation work I have primarily used Amazon and VTS. Prime shipping is free on many items.
55AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Classic
Camp Hill , Pennsylvania
I have had excellent luck buying my Airstream unique parts from Colonial Airstream in Lakewood NJ. Prices and shipping seem ok as well.
LyleRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
1997 21' Excella
Full-Time , Full-Time
Woodland Travel Center in Grand Rapids Michigan touts having the largest Airstream parts inventory, not including AS factory , in the U.S, current and old. They do extensive AS restoring, custom upgrades and major AS collision work. They are also the oldest AS dealer in the U.S and always have a great inventory on the lot. An impressive place with a ton of new and vintage parts. They don't do the best job advertising this but I was there yesterday picking up my AS with warranty work and they are in the works with a new web site just for their parts inventory. There parts people are very helpful. There number is (800) 968-8688 ask for parts.
http://www.woodlandtravelcenter.net

2016 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins, 4WD, Crew, Rear Air
Plan-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan-B View Post
Woodland Travel Center in Grand Rapids Michigan touts having the largest Airstream parts inventory, not including AS factory , in the U.S, current and old. They do extensive AS restoring, custom upgrades and major AS collision work. They are also the oldest AS dealer in the U.S and always have a great inventory on the lot. An impressive place with a ton of new and vintage parts. They don't do the best job advertising this but I was there yesterday picking up my AS with warranty work and they are in the works with a new web site just for their parts inventory. There parts people are very helpful. There number is (800) 968-8688 ask for parts.
Airstream of Michigan | Woodland Travel Center
Maybe they should buy some ad space here, since this is the biggest place on the 'net for Airstreams. Couldn't hurt.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #32
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Oddly I've had really good luck with CW, but I buy 90% of the stuff if I catch it on sale. And I generally get everything delivered promptly. (Their catalog gives you a lot of ideas about how to waste money too!) Their brick and mortar stores are stocked well too.

BUT Shipping Cost? I keep getting HUGE boxes that are 1/2 to 1/3 full with air pouches or peanuts to fill the balance. UPS & FED-X both charge by dimensions & weight so big boxes that weigh 3 lbs. get charged like they weigh 25 lbs. That's why the high shipping charges - idiots in the shipping dept.
Granted, using excess packing material, increase the cost of shipping.

On the other hand, inadequate packaging will cause UPS and FEDEX to deny any claim for damages.

So, it's that kind of world.

Dam if you do and dam if you don't.

What would you suggest that shippers conform to?

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
I bought my AC unit from American RV. They had what I needed in stock. Shipping was fast and reasonable.

https://www.americanrvcompany.com

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Upper Sandusky , Ohio
Our AS dealer gives a nice discount to purchasers on gadgets and supplies in its well-stocked camping department. Also a large WalMart in a resort area has a decent selection of the more basic RV stuff.
*2003 Jayco Designer Series 32' Rear Living
*2015 T@B Sofitel S (exchanged after 3 days for Bambi)
remphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
There is an RV parts & accessories store in Casa Grande AZ (1530 N Pinal Ave, Casa Grande, AZ 85122 tel: 520-421-0408). I've gone there for stuff and what he doesn't have he'll order. It's a Ma & Pa operation and I often wondered based on the paucity of customer traffic how he stays in business even though his prices are very reasonable. Then I found out that he is a vendor on Amazon (The RV Store), and when he sells directly his prices are lower.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote