Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' International
Sheridan , Colorado
Structural issues due to vibration

Hi Folks,
I have a 2007 Safari and am having structural damage due to vibration.
First off, the shower curtain is a Newline Shub with a disappearing shower door. This thing is a piece of ---- and is already broken. The stock track lighting, also, was badly done. Plastic overhead lights which are always falling out due to the heat from the bulbs.
Also, the bathroom counter has shifted and is pulling away from the side of the airstream, causing the walls to shift, and there is a larger reveal in the bathroom door frame since we've moved in, in April.
The warranty I got from the dealer probably will not cover the bathroom issues, they have told me that if nuts and bolts are involved, they will not cover the problem. Only if the actual sink needs replacement.
Any ideas? Does anyone know of a better shower door option than the one that is stock?
Thanks for your help!!!
FFEJANDIRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I have that same shower door and it has worked for many years without any problem; I like it. You might consider buying Centramatics so your wheels and drums will be balanced. If you have a vibration problem you need to fix it before it destroys your whole trailer.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 AM   #3

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Do you have an excessive tow vehicle? Or do you have it set up (hitch, WD, anti sway) correctly? I also love that shower door. I needed to a some caulking at the bottom of the frame but I think it works great. Leave it open when your towing maybe it will reduce the stress. I haven't had any issues with the lights either. I'd did replace my cabinet lights with LEDs and it helped with the heat and battery drain. Let us know what fixes the vibration problem.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' International
Sheridan , Colorado
Aha! So there should be NO vibration issues with this Airstream. We will look into this further. I thought it might be due to driving on dirt roads, which may have caused the problem.

Maybe I will just have the shower door replaced if you guys give it the thumbs up. We always have the door open unless we're using the shower.

Thanks for your help! I'll let you guys know what we figure out.
FFEJANDIRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
I had the same trailer you've got and the problems with the overhead lights in the bathroom is that they're tightened too much when installed and it warps the frame which causes the lenses to fall out. Mine were replaced under warranty and the new ones just snugged down and after that I had no problems. I had absolutely no problems with the shower door.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post
Aha! So there should be NO vibration issues with this Airstream. We will look into this further. I thought it might be due to driving on dirt roads, which may have caused the problem.

It depends on what kind of dirt roads you are talking about. Most RVs, Airstreams included, are not constructed to take much rough road driving.

If you drive at speeds that might feel normal or at least bearable for an automobile over rough roads, while towing a travel trailer, you are apt to find all sorts of things coming loose in the interior.

Regards,

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I also have the same year and model. A dab of silicone adhesive keeps the light covers in place and we haven't had a problem with the shower door- other than the mandatory calk at the bottom.
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Same year and model here. Dealer had weight distribution set too tight at first and light covers fell. But none since properly adjusted, but still not happy with the hitch.

Probably rough roads, maybe too stiffly-sprung tow vehicle, too heavy weight distribution gear or set-up, or out-of-balance running gear, or combination.

Doug
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Austin , Texas
Our light covers also fell out continuously on our 2007 CCD. We ended up replacing them. Was actually one of the cheapest repairs we made to the trailer.
We didn't have any problems with the shower though.
ASwifey is offline   Reply With Quote