Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
Stovetop OCD Question

I removed the cooktop in order to replace the left hand cooktop cover bracket. I surveyed it beforehand, though not thoroughly enough. Once I put it back together and tested it (took two tries to get it right), I got the burners working properly, but I noticed two things that have my OCD going a bit. First, the cooktop is overhanging the piece that holds the valves by maybe a 1/4 in. Is that normal? I think, based on what I saw on a Colonial Airstream walkthrough, that it is. Second, I had a tiny bit of play on one corner, the front right, again maybe a 1/4 inch of movement up and down. It is definitely not like when pulling the cooktop and getting the bracket loose, but I didn't check to see if there was any play before hand. If someone could put there hands on there cooktop and tell me what you see and feel, I would greatly appreciate it.
Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #2

2017 27' Flying Cloud
San Marcos , Texas
My husband and I are new owners of a 27ft Flying Cloud trailer. We have owned other trailers. The problem I have is the grates on the stovetop do not lay flat While cooking on our third trip out, the skillet I was cooking in, slid off the stovetop, and dumped experienced this grate problem and have a solution on how this could be fixed?
-'
TenahaTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Welcome. Mine has little holes the feet slip into.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

ooo
There is no play in our cook top but I noticed spacers located near the four corners. Possibly one of the spacers fell off.
There are rubber protective inserts on the ends of the grates that probably serve to stop the grates from chattering while moving. They cause the grates to sit about 1/8 inch higher on the opposite end so we remove them when cooking.
Terry
tblkfsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:58 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Williamsburg , Virginia
After looking at a video where someone takes apart the stovetop to fix a burner issue, I went back, disassembled it, and bent the tabs down slightly on the corner that had some play. It now fits snuggly with no play.
Ttaylor is offline   Reply With Quote