Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1949 18' Trailwind
1963 19' Globetrotter
Huntsville , Alabama
(Southeast) Vintage Airstream Restoration Co. in Southeast?

Airstreamers:

I've been searching Airforums and the www searching for a reputable restoration company in the Southeast US. Actually, haven't come up with a whole lot of leads and hoping that someone on here will have some ideas. We're in N. ALabama for reference.
I'm looking for a company that can do a shell off and build a new frame for a vintage Airstream '49 Trailwind. We love the size (16 ft shell) but time and family have taken center stage and we're going to have to hire this part out to get the ball rolling. So, if you have had experience with a company in around the southeast or know of anyone we'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance and happy airstreaming!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CYOE_Image-1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	233934  
Benjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
z , North Carolina
Benjo,
I do not have any personal experience with these folks, but I have heard they do good work. The only time I went there, the shop was closed for lunch. I did see several vintage AS's on the lot. One was a 56, and is here locally in the Raleigh area. You could call them tomorrow am, and discuss your needs. Maybe they could refer you to a friend that is closer to you that they know does good work. Good luck, and wish I could help you more.
The skinny:
Dan Mathews
Capital City Customs Inc
O 919-772-3005
7801 Lake Wheeler road
Raleigh, NC 27603
http://www.capitalcitycustomsinc.com
FishinHatteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Durham , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinHatteras View Post
Benjo,
I do not have any personal experience with these folks, but I have heard they do good work. The only time I went there, the shop was closed for lunch. I did see several vintage AS's on the lot. One was a 56, and is here locally in the Raleigh area. You could call them tomorrow am, and discuss your needs. Maybe they could refer you to a friend that is closer to you that they know does good work. Good luck, and wish I could help you more.
The skinny:
Dan Mathews
Capital City Customs Inc
O 919-772-3005
7801 Lake Wheeler road
Raleigh, NC 27603
http://www.capitalcitycustomsinc.com
Good luck in getting anyone form CCC to return your telephone calls or emails.
goswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Ditto what goswick says. I tried contacting them for help on my dinette and bathroom over a year ago. No word back from them, ever.

I don't know how you feel about going to your West, but my vote would be for A&P Trailer Works. Or buy a trailer that's already restored. They're out there.

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Durham , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1977 View Post
Ditto what goswick says. I tried contacting them for help on my dinette and bathroom over a year ago. No word back from them, ever.

I don't know how you feel about going to your West, but my vote would be for A&P Trailer Works. Or buy a trailer that's already restored. They're out there.
No matter how busy a business is they should respond to inquires from a potential customer.

Thanks for the A&P suggestion but probably not going to Texas.
goswick is offline   Reply With Quote