Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2015, 05:42 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Decatur , Alabama
Soft floor

I have a 2006 19' Bambi. I had a leak (a couple of years ago) and after two weeks of not going in the Bambi I found a good deal of water on the floor toward the dinette area. I cleaned it up with a shop vac and towels. Now the sub flooring is soft around the table and the center of the floor between the stove and door way. An area about 4X4 feet. How do I go about fixing this damage? Do I have to remove everything? Can I save the vinyl? Any help would be appreciated.
Nightwind15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
You might be able to save the vinyl if it has not started to mold. You won't know till you pull it back as the mold will start from the bottom. You will have to cut out flooring until you reach the center of a stringer and patch in a new piece. Be sure to caulk the crack along the edges. If your vinyl is not salvageable you could install some contrasting plank flooring with a transition strip between the two types of flooring.

You will have to remove all the built-in cabinets mounted on the flooring to accomplish the above repair.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2008 19' Bambi
Decatur , Alabama
Thank you for the quick reply. I intend to start pulling out the cabinets and seating this weekend. Not looking forward to it but now the table leg is sinking into the floor!
Nightwind15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
One wetting incidence does not rot the floor. Your trailer must still have a leak somewhere if your floor is soft. Fix the leak first.