Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
Slide Issues

I have a 2004 34' Classic with the lounge S/O. I have owned the trailer for about a year now and have had nothing but difficulty with the slide. The previous owner also had slide issues. I religiously make sure that the trailer is level front to back and side to side before I deploy the slide. I also always make sure that the stabilizer jacks are down and the trailer is unhooked from the truck. Deploying the slide is a very tricky process, with the motor laboring and very loud groaning at the seals as the slide goes in/out. I also regularly shear the pins in the drive meachanism underneath the trailer. I have also popped 5 rivets on my slide. The Slide room never seems to properly line up with the opening in the side of the trailer hull. Looking at the streetside of the trailer the upper front corner is very close to the edge of the main trailer hull. The upper rear corner is too far away. It is as if the Slide room sits "cockeyed" in the trailer hull. I took it to the Airstream dealer and he is afraid to do any adjustements as in his experience, he is afraid he might make it worse. I have called airstream and they suggested I adjust the mounting bolts underneath the outer edge of the slide room. I did crawl under there and there are a number of bolts that look like I could tighten/loosen to move the slide room around on the steel tracks to get it to line up better. Before I touch anything I was hoping to get some advice from anyone else who has adjusted his slide before....Any help woudl be appreciated..Thanks !
Go_Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Slide issues caused me to trade trailers-
I got tired of the slide never working right or parts falling out of the mechanism-
I got a trailer with no slide.
Is it possible to use the trailer with the slide in? On the one I had you could not if you wanted to watch television, and you would have to leave a chair at home.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #3
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Slide Adjustment

Go Navy,

Might want to look at this http://www.airforums.com/forums/f252...sic-47113.html I just worked on mine a few weeks ago and I'm kinda willing to bet that some of your issues MIGHT be related to the slide dragging real hard on a seal, like the bottom one. I just worked on mine based on Airslide's write up and I had it drag for a minute until I saw some drag on a seal, raised it up to get the slide floating in the seals rather than dragging on one.

Spend some time under it and see how it works, also you'll be able to see the manual release and how to extend/retract if it needs it.

I think the slide is a special trailer, get it right and enjoy it.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote