Old 12-31-2014, 09:56 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I'm a bit concerned here. Are you saying that the skylights condense so much that they drip badly WHILE IN STORAGE?????? Or occupied?

A lot od condensation and humidity is common in cool weather while OCCUPIED. Your expiration puts out somewhere around a quart a day X the number of people. This is where ventilation and/or dehumidifers are required. I

If you encounter that kind of condensation while in storage, there is a bigger problem. If there is that much humidity that simple changes in outside temp cause "rain", there is a lot of water somewhere.....another leak and soaked flooring, etc.

I keep my roof vents open a bit while in storage (with vent covers) and NEVER have any condensation inside.

Something else going on here, I fear.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
The trailer is stored outside. dznf0g, I think our climate is a lot different than yours- There is just condensation on the skylight, or where there is no air movement. We get it in our buildings (people or no) too. When I design something here, moisture barriers and ventilation require a lot of attention, and these are mostly second homes, so a lot of the time no one is inside them, breathing. Better ventilation might help, but if the air outside holds a lot of moisture, then its kind of a moot point. The trailer skin gets cold, and we get condensation on the outside. The skylight gets a coating of condensation all over the inside of it. I had the Nicro vent on for almost two years and there was still some condensation. We recently had 17" of rain in a week so it's been exceptionally wet.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
My comment about climate: I'm no expert, but I'm north of Chicago winter and summer, a few weeks a year. I plan my trips to miss the worst humidity in summer