Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by coveredwagon View Post
Seriously, if you lift the cabinet door up you could adjust the speaker panel with a little piece of wood to protect the edge of the panel and a hammer. Hit the piece of wood lightly as it rests against the panel with the hammer and you will move the speaker panel over slightly.
I'm going to try that first!
Of course, it's the piece that's over the queen bed so it's not easy.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Carlsbad , California
All in the same boat...

One of our cabinets is doing the same thing but I’ve just let it wear itself. I’ve attached a pic of the little spot which means it’s definitely ply and could be sanded (except for the top laminated section that makes all the cabinets look the same). I might sand ours, but not sure it matters all that much. Sorry for the sideways photo. How to edit this after uploading? Sheesh!

Now the bathroom door....totally hollow! Ask me, I put a hole in it and found out the hard way. Now there’s a cute sticker to hide my ruh-roh.

Keep us posted on what you do!

Pat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AB0E0240-6EAA-4199-9F8B-CE11F1484F1C.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	343853  
Coastalphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:29 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I'm going to try that first!
Of course, it's the piece that's over the queen bed so it's not easy.
It’s screwed in place from behind (done pre installation). If you move it you are only loosening it’s installation. I would second think that one.
Howard L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:01 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalphoto View Post
One of our cabinets is doing the same thing but I’ve just let it wear itself. I’ve attached a pic of the little spot which means it’s definitely ply and could be sanded
Yes! That's exactly what mine looks like.
I wasn't sure if the "look" of ply's was really ply's or if it was a veneer over foam core or balsa to look like ply. I know when I drilled into a wall, it felt really soft in the center.
(I try to follow the motto, "There's no problem that can't be made worse.")

The way to have photos right side up is to resize them a tiny bit. I guess it then looses the data that it's oriented a certain way. On the Mac, Preview does it easily.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AB0E0240-6EAA-4199-9F8B-CE11F1484F1C.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	343901  
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Certainly possible to shave down the door. But...the door is likely made correctly, square, and exactly the right size since it was done in a factory. It is the opening that is off. I am afraid that it might look “shaved” in terms of shape if you do much whittling. I might prefer the “rub” to the “shaved look”. How often do you open it?
Bill M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Bellevue , Washington
I like to use a sanding drum on a dremel tool for this sort of “shaving.” I’ve got some sand wheels, discs and the drum bits. I also have some tungsten bits I use with metal. With the dremel I get pretty precise trimming and just test the clearance after each pass so I don’t take off too much. I’d suggest working on the door edge vs the cabinet which might be less noticeable.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote