Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 AM   #1

1981 25' Excella II
Bristol , Bristol
Serial Number

I'm looking to purchase a 1981 Excella II in the UK, but can not locate serial number. Anyone know where it should be located. Looked in manual, it states what infomation it contains, but not its location.
budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgie View Post
I'm looking to purchase a 1981 Excella II in the UK, but can not locate serial number. Anyone know where it should be located. Looked in manual, it states what infomation it contains, but not its location.
Should be stamped into the A-frame and on a small plate at the lower left side, near the front.

No serial number find, usually indicates a stolen coach.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
The VIN should be on the title, stamped into an aluminum badge on the outside just to the right of the door, and possibly (not always) stamped into the front A-frame. The latter could be on the curbside box beam top or side just behind the propane tanks; this could be partially obscured by weight distribution add-on equipment, paint or other modifications in this area.

My '74 Argosy VIN was on a plate just below the front window. My '06 Safari VIN is on a plate just above the rubrail on streetside front.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:14 AM   #4

1981 25' Excella II
Bristol , Bristol
Many thanks for the information, found badge on front just below window. A-Frame has been altered to meet Europe regulations. Anyway I am now the proud owner of a Excella II. I'm sure I will be seeking further advise as time goes by.
budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Welcome!

Well, welcome to the world of "caravan" travel. We probably won't get you to many or our Forum Rallies, but do drop in to chat. People here have an astounding body of knowledge about these aluminum toys and are always happy to help a fellow "Streamer."
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote