Old 08-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Dallas , Texas
Hey Stefario!

You guys already in Vantage??

You'll get the hang of 'level' quickly...

As for the tank sensors, well, our black sensor has never read more than empty. Our grey always worked fine - until this trip. Now it reads empty, then full only when the brack is about to crest the shower drain. (it's truly mind consuming for a couple of OCD'ish people like us, but i think we got over the obsession with each reading after a few days...).

We're headed through Jackson Center later in the year - so hopefully those woes will be cured then.

Enjoy the journey!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #16

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
I used a bubble level similar to Canoestream's image inside the freezer to help me level the trailer, then adjusted the front mounted indicator until it showed "level"

Now I can pull into a spot, look at the front level indicator and know what I need to do right off the bat.

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB International
Vancouver , British Columbia
Hello - thanks for the input- we just returned home for the day and then heading out tomorrow to Vantage.

we were in Port alberni trying to slay some salmon....

So in my manual when they show two hydralic jacks behind the axels and 4 stabilizer jacks in the corners they actually mean there is only 4 stabilizer jacks in the corners ... correct?

i have to start a new thread on flushing the tanks ....
Old 09-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
On our 2008 25' FB Safari there are 4 stabilizer jacks near the corners and one electric jack at the front of the tongue. If yours has hydraulic jacks that's something new. Is there a switch for them somewhere? They would be great for leveling left to right without using legos or boards as often. Has the electric jack on the tongue been eliminated? That electric jack does blow fuses from time to time.

It tried to find the list of all the standard items and options on the Airstream website and it wasn't there; then I tried on the websites of some dealers, and couldn't either. Bummer.

Gene
Old 09-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Where's the adjustable screw for the front to back pitch on the Level Master? Just looked and don't see a screw anywhere!

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
http://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #20

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Here's what I have - from Vintage Trailer supply
Vintage Trailer Supply - Vintage travel trailer parts and supplies!

It has a F/R adjustment screw on the top, plus the thing is big enough I can see it in the rear view mirror.
Attached Images

HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I'm glad you guys mentioned the level adjustment because I had forgotten to. The new beltline trim installed at the factory last spring almost defeated me until I found a screw driver small enough to fit the little space left and now it matches the bubble in the freezer.

I wish I could see the level in the mirror, but the tonneau gets in the way just as I'm getting close. I have more trouble knowing how close I am to the ball than centering the ball to the tongue. The sonar beep goes to a constant tone about 6" away, but those last 6" are the hardest.

It gets easier as time goes by though.

Gene
Old 09-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Gene,
So it sounds like the tiny screw is in the back of the front-rear level protrusion. Is that correct? I'm at work now so I can't run outside to look at the trailer.

4CU 1st VP

Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Question Level ?

DW method.....put a little water in kitchen sink, if it drains evenly your good to go.

Actually, I have to admit, it works very well.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
mello, the screw is on top of the level assembly above the front/back level. It's a Philips head screw. When I installed the level and didn't read the instructions, I never paid any attention to the screw. Then I had the trim installed, it goes about 1/8 to 3/16" above the screw. You can fit a small blade such as one a small regular screwdriver in the edge of the slots and work it around. I'd center it, check the freezer level, readjust the electric jack, check freezer level, center outside level, adjust jack, repeat as necessary. Now both levels agree and all is right with the world.

Obviously I'm more anal retentive than Bob, but I don't want to go inside to check water draining in the sink. Another way to check front/back level, is to see if both people in a bed are sliding up or down or sideways during the night, but this requires a companion and doesn't work for twin beds. Or if you are falling into walls, either the trailer needs leveling or you've got a serious drinking problem.

Gene
Old 09-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
I carry 2x6 and 1x6 blocks. I try to position in the spot where it's as level as possible before I start leveling. I have the front mounted level. It's a real time saver.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
mello, the screw is on top of the level assembly above the front/back level. It's a Philips head screw.
Gene
Ahh, I see it now. Thanks Gene!!!

4CU 1st VP

Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Lander , Wyoming
yeah my husband found out the hard way that stabilizers are not leveler when he twisted on it so hard he broke it... not good.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
As for level...Minno does it exactly the way I do it. It is quick, just a few minutes.

This black water sensor is funny. Ours never worked right. I had our Airstream back to the dealer three times when it was new. Each time my number one item to fix was the Black water sensor. Each time nothing was done. I got tired taking it in for nothing being fixed. Finally my dealer went out of business. A few months ago I emailed the company who made the sensor and they replied right away. They told me that I should disconnect the sensor leads (behind the sensor panel) that I didn't want to re-calibrate. (They dis-
connect like a phone jack). They also told me that I should use 3 gallons of water for the empty value. If you read the sensor manual, the instructions to put it into calibrate mode are on the second to last page. After I got the empty value, I then filled the tank completely and set the full value. I couldn't believe it---it worked! Only problem is when you are done you have a full black water tank, so you have to find a place to dump it. A couple of other things about it is you have to turn off the pump switch so you can "open" the toilet and pour measured water down it. Also you need a jug with measurements on it to pour water down the toilet.

This is how I spent my Labor Day morning.

Randy