Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Francisco , Indiana
Searching

When I try to search a subject it brings up most every post that was made that day and beyond. Refining my search doesn't seem to help at all. What is the secret to doing a search? I know what I am looking for but I sure can't get anywhere using the search function.
Have seen those posts where someone asks a question and people reply SEARCH is your friend. That has already been discussed. Sure I know that but sure can't find it.
I would be grateful for any guidance.
Thanks;
Hickory
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
I actually use the standard google bar and type my question or part and say on airforums which then takes me to the forum.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
The built in search function in the forums is sub-par. A much better way to go is to open another window in your browser, do a Google search using "Air Forums" and your keyword, and you will get a list of actual threads that may be close to what you are looking for.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:29 AM   #4
Rivet Master

I don't get great results with the search function

I think one reason is that some people like to pick thread names that are mysterious. I am on a guitar forum where despite forum rules, one guy always picks a thread name that is intriguing, but has nothing to do with the topic.

I guess the key is picking where and how you want the search performed.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Francisco , Indiana
Wow thanks for the help. Googling airforums and subject really works. Thanks so much.
Hickory
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote