Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
RV Warranty Forever! ?????

We received our email from the local dealership (I'm summarizing the highlights of the email as follows):

- due for its annual maintenance within the next 60 days
- make sure that you are following the guidelines outlined in your RV Warranty Forever® agreement to keep your program in effect
- on an annual basis
- the following maintenance must be performed by a professional repair facility and must be completed within 30 days of the purchase anniversary date
1. Inspect roof and seal roof where necessary.
2. Inspect axles and hub, lube where necessary.
3. Inspect furnace - clean blower, combustion chamber, control compartment (remove any dust, lint, obstructions) as necessary, test gas line for leaks.
4. Inspect hot water heater - flush holding tank, manually operate pressure temperature relief valve, clean burner tube (as outlined by the manufacturer) as necessary.

- must keep receipts and documentation showing the date, a description of the unit, and all services performed
- proof of maintenance must be mailed to the administrator along with an Annual Maintence Record Coupon which is located in the back of your RV Warranty Forever® Agreement
- within 30 days of the anniversary date of which you purchased your RV. Please remember
- if you don’t submit this information, you will void your RV Warranty Forever® Agreement.

They already warned us last year when we purchased the new Airstream that if this service was done at the local dealership it would run around $300. I'm wondering if it's worth it? Any thoughts?
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Never heard of a warrenty for life for current production Airstreams. Is this something that you paid extra for?

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Warranty Forever? I have not heard of this - is it actually a "forever" warranty? If so it wouldn't it be worth the $300 in service charges? You may not actually need to service all of those items on the list but it does not hurt to have them looked at just in case. Did this warranty cost you anything other than the service cost per year?

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
And just what is covered with this "forever warranty". Sounds like you are paying for everything they would cover. Does it cover refrigerators? Converter/chargers? Lights? Fans? Floor rot? Door and window seals? Pump, pipes and fittings?

Bet it does not.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
These are the folks that advertise it.

http://www.camperclinic2.com/--lifetime-warranty

Didn't have to pay anything up front for it. They said it is honored as long as we take it an authorized Airstream dealer/service center. I'll try to get over to the Airstream (it's in a storage facility) sometime this week and collect the documents in our Owner's Documents and then provide more specifics. I have a tendancy to be very skeptical of this place.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
I saw a new Airstream on eBay listed by a dealer last week. It was allegedly covered by Forever Warranty.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
Yea, we got the same when we purchased our 2016 Airstream last month at Vogt RV. Not sure I am going to worry with it. Dealer said it's up to the buyers if they want to keep it going or not. Seems like a lot of hassle and dough and then who knows what they would actually cover if you make a claim. Sales gimmick. Plain and simple. Dealers offer it hoping to attract buyers and why not? If they have to bring it in for service every year just think of the things they can say need repair and if you want to keep your lifetime warranty you will pay up. Need wheel bearings packed. Need to reseal roof. Need new this new that. No thanks. I'll take my chances after my factory 2 years warranty is up and then pay when and what I choose to have repaired or do it myself. Don't really want the dealers monkeys messing with my trailer unless I just have to. Plus the dealer is 75 miles away. Closest to me too so that is 150 miles but chances are I will need to leave it so that makes 2 trips now it's 300 miles of gas and my time. No thanks.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:44 AM   #8
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs down Forever....that's a long 'warrantee'.

It's worth exactly what you paid for it.....nada.

Just a hook to get you to spend $300, plus you will pay extra for the routine maintenance that needs to be done anyway.

Important stuff......tires, brakes, wheel bearings, LPG system, lights & leaks.

If your not doing the maint. yourself.....

Look for a shop that will charge a fair price for the inspection and waive some of the cost if you agree to have any of the 'noted' work done.

Bob
Old 09-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Policy is by NWAN,Inc as listed in the link posted small print.

Customer Reviews for National Warranty Administration Network, LLC - BBB serving Cuyahoga, Lake, Lorain, Geauga, and Ashtabula Counties in Northeast Ohio

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 09-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
"They already warned us last year when we purchased the new Airstream that if this service was done at the local dealership it would run around $300."

Be careful. I was told the "inspection" that is required to keep the forever warranty in place would be around $200-$300 when I ask my dealer.

This price is to inspect the items not do anything to them. If they find the wheel bearings need lube or roof needs resealed or refrigerator vent needs cleaning or who knows what then you pay for these repairs in addition to the inspection.

How many repairs you think they will find? How much money do they want to make? Keeping this warranty could cost us loads every year. Reading that BBB report link on the company that was posted says it all. All negative.

As my dad always said: "Son, there are no free lunches and you get what you paid for." I'm not going to worry myself with this "free" warranty.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:26 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRH View Post
I saw a new Airstream on eBay listed by a dealer last week. It was allegedly covered by Forever Warranty.
In addition to other points made about this warranty, I bet you it isn't transferable-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #12
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I have purchased two of my former Airstreams from Camper Clinic. We had a pitch from them on the new warranty at our Vintage Rally this spring.

If you are a totally non-handy person, it may make some sense. In my case, I can (and have) fixed about everything on my Airstreams there is to fix. The factory has even sent me parts to make several repairs and fixes for poor initial assembly. I would enjoy the 2-year factory warrenty and never give this new warrenty a second thought.

Sometime in the next hour, UPS should drop off a new cooling unit for my Dometic refrigerator which I will install and test this afternoon.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
belen , New Mexico
for years there was a lady on the AS group who was the orig owner of a 64 caravel i believe and was still getting things fixed by airstream under the orig. warranty!
alantbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:37 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
San Jose , California
Don't new Airstreams come with a 2 year warranty or starters? On warranties, I agree with the others - $300 is not a real warranty. CoachNet warranties start at something like $3,000 - but they do not require inspections and they do cover most stuff you can think of.
Makaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:23 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaira View Post
Don't new Airstreams come with a 2 year warranty or starters? On warranties, I agree with the others - $300 is not a real warranty. CoachNet warranties start at something like $3,000 - but they do not require inspections and they do cover most stuff you can think of.

$300 is not the cost of this "warrenty". It is free. The $300 was an estimated yearly cost to have certain systems inspected at the point of purchase. Reading the small print that is very vague as to specifics of coverage I get the impression that it is only valid for the original buyer, is very limited as to what it actually covers and is not transferable. It is thru a company called NWAN, Inc. They have a web site if anyone is interested. Google them for pages of negative reports.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
LaMarque , Texas
Yes I also have this Forever warranty. I have a 2014 flying cloud 25 FB twin. I took my baby in for its annual checks about 2 months ago. It's not a bad deal. Only requirement is to have the annual inspection done on time and file the paperwork with warranty company by the due date. In doing so they will fix any issue have. Not bad for $300 a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums silver bp
silverbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #17

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
My local Airstream dealer here in St. Louis also started offering this warranty on all new trailers sold this year. As noted by others, "the annual inspection" is a money maker for them. I've spent about $1,000 on repairs and wheel bearing packing since buying my Classic new in the fall of 2003. I don't consider this forever warranty a bargain. It's only a steady source of income for the dealer.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Madison , Alabama
If you buy the Dometic refer extended warrenty, (it's 5 years. for $25), Dometic wants a professional inspection & service each year. Don't have to show receipts to Dometic unless you make a claim.

Overall, may be reasonable to have another set of competent eyes look @ one's RV each year.

Next week, taking Featherlite to Steve for axle bearings/electric brake check ups, & clean/inspect on the Norcold refer. No ext warrenty on that.
Wolf Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:48 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Thanks for all the input. It has been very helpful. I was starting to second guess myself (my thoughts also are that it's just a money maker for the dealership and has very little value for the consumer). We're going to pass on this $300 service.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:36 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2014 28' International
undisclosed , Idaho
Is the Coachnet warranty worth the $3k price tag. I am a new Airstream owner and dealer is trying to sell me on the Coachnet warranty.
jeffryorange is offline   Reply With Quote