Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Santa Fe , New Mexico
RV service in the Dallas or North Texas area

I've got a hose leaking at the water pump and need fridge and water heater service. Can anyone recommend someone in this area?

I also have a small corrugated tube around 1/2" coming down, behind the fridge in the outside refer compartment. This tube connects to another small tube that goes through the floor into the wheel well.
It is some kind of drain but the tubing looks more like electrical conduit. It crumbles anywhere you touch it.
Anyone know what this is?
firstwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
I've not used them, but have heard good things about the dealer in Dublin, TX
Old 04-06-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
We had a very good experience with repairs at Bayer Rv in Dublin this past winter.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Thanks Steve and Ntex. I had my trailer at Bayer last month to get everything checked out. Was hoping to find someone a little closer to Dallas. Guess it's time for another road trip to Dublin.
thanks again
Dave
Old 04-06-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
LaMarque , Texas
There's a good airstream dealer in Buta Texas. Its near austin its called camper clinic two

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums silver bp
silverbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:38 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
LaMarque , Texas
Sorry. Buda Texas

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums silver bp
silverbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwave View Post
Thanks Steve and Ntex. I had my trailer at Bayer last month to get everything checked out. Was hoping to find someone a little closer to Dallas. Guess it's time for another road trip to Dublin.
thanks again
Dave
You might also give North Dallas RV a try. They are closer to you, used to be an Airstream dealer, but they still service them. I went to them once for an axle alignment.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1998 30' Excella 1000
Livingston , Texas
Firstwave, that is a drain tube. Water that condenses on the cooling fins in the fridge, drips into the tray that is below it, and then down that tube and out the bottom of the rig.
Siegmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
You might also give North Dallas RV a try. They are closer to you, used to be an Airstream dealer, but they still service them. I went to them once for an axle alignment.

I haven't actually taken the AS in to North Dallas RV but went there once looking for a replacement switch for one of my overhead lights. Not only did they have the part I needed but parts guy called a tech from shop and within 5 minutes he had the switch apart, changed the broken piece and sent me on my way. I'm always impressed when a place goes above and beyond on something small like that because it makes me want to go back when I have something bigger to deal with.

When I used to work in a VW repair shop while in college, we called that a "whatdoIoweya"? transaction and the answer was usually, a wave of the hand or "just buy me a Coke."

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
North Dallas RV

See Randy @ North Dallas. VERY talented crew. They service my units. Call first! They are popular and work out of what may seem a junk yard! LOL!! The highway took most of the property, so they stayed and ONLY service AS.
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2012 20' Flying Cloud
Richardson , Texas
We use North Dallas RV.
They are an official Airstream repair shop.
It is usually a few weeks wait though.
North Dallas RV

Henry - "experience is what you get..... right after you need it."
HAschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Thanks Siegmann for the info on the hose. Something else to add to my list of repairs.
I've named my Airstream "The Sponge" because it not only soaks up all my money but also any water that touches it.
Thanks also to everyone for recommending NDRV. They are still 3-4 weeks out on service but I'm hoping if I take it over there they can at least help me with the water pump.
Thanks silverbp for the heads up for the dealer in Buda. Next time er are in the Austin area I 'd like to check them out.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Thanks Siegmann for the info on the hose. Something else to add to my list of repairs.
I've named my Airstream "The Sponge" because it not only soaks up all my money but also any water that touches it.
Thanks also to everyone for recommending NDRV. They are still 3-4 weeks out on service but I'm hoping if I take it over there they can at least help me with the water pump.
Thanks silverbp for the heads up for the dealer in Buda. Next time er are in the Austin area I 'd like to check them out.

If you are going to go all the way to Austin or Buda, make a stop in the Killeen area and look up TOP. He does Airstream work and is a commercial member here and I've only heard great things about him.

Dana
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Common Sense , Texas
I wouldn't take a trailer to Camper Clinic in Buda under any circumstances. Been there, done that, and won't do it again.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
I've got a hose leaking at the water pump and need fridge and water heater service. Can anyone recommend someone in this area?

I also have a small corrugated tube around 1/2" coming down, behind the fridge in the outside refer compartment. This tube connects to another small tube that goes through the floor into the wheel well.
It is some kind of drain but the tubing looks more like electrical conduit. It crumbles anywhere you touch it.
Anyone know what this is?
It sounds as if it is the condensate line from your refrigerator, and the problem with it is similar to what I found with mine.... it was a cheap, hard-plastic drainline that disentegrated due to heat from the nearby boiler. This will allow condensate to drain onto the shelf and run into the coach and cause floor rot!
You should replace it with high quality hose suitable for under-the-hood automotive use. Vacuum hose of the proper size (3/8" ?) should work (although I used polyvinyl encased in aircraft fire-sleeve.)

PS: This should actually be discussed in a different thread than a disussion regarding RV Dealers, hopefully a moderator might see it. good luck with the repair.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #16
Flying Cloud 27

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Union Hall , Virginia
We tried to get work done this week at Dublin and at Vogt....both scheduled up for week or more.....best to beg I guess.....
smlbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:42 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
You might check out Paul Mayeux at A&P Vintage Trailer Works in Paradise, TX (close in and just Northwest of DFW). They can literally fix anything from building a new frame and interior to doing custom cabinet work. He has lots of "mature" Airstreams on his place undergoing service and repairs. (817-919-3651)

He has done all of our modifications (AM Solar system, disc brakes, instant on water heater, new flooring cover etc)and took care of all our factory defects using better parts than the originals.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #18
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I wouldn't take a trailer to Camper Clinic in Buda under any circumstances. Been there, done that, and won't do it again.
Ditto X10. Handiman work (at best), for professional prices.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Santa Fe , New Mexico
I had heard of A&P Vintage Trailer Works but thought they only did restorations. I will talk to Paul about the water pump and refer. Maybe he can also help me find the rest of my leaks.
Thanks switz
Old 04-17-2015, 09:33 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Ft worth , Texas
North Dallas RV

Hi, just read all these post about dallas rv and getting ready to deliver my 65 overlander to have a new ac unit installed. Hoping I have a good experience since this is the first effort to do some repairs since buying our AS in July of last year.anyone have any suggestion or ideas on this subject ? Our AS didn't have a ac unit and being from Texas its a must have.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated , thanks
Brudymac is offline   Reply With Quote