Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
DTR
Adventures with GypsyRose

1988 32' Excella
Plano , Texas
RV repair in Dallas or Allen area?

Does anyone know an RV repairman in the Dallas, Allen, or Mckinney area? I have recently purchased a 32' 1988 Excella 1000. I am finding different things daily that need to be fixed. I also need the hitch adjusted. I don't have the tools or the strength to move it to a new position. Thank you for any referals to a repairman.

Gypsy Rose
DTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
RV repairs around McKinney, Allen, Dallas

North Dallas RV has a good reputation but usually a full yard of Airstreams.

I have had good luck with ExploreUSARV in Denton... their service department has done right by me. It's about an hour from where you are... just across 380.

Not sure about any who make house calls....

D
Goal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
DTR

1988 32' Excella
Plano , Texas
Thank you- I had wondered about Explore USA but preferred to have a reference first. I will give them a call.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Denton is your best bet. I can't vouch for any of the other Metroplex locations for ExploreUSA in terms of service work.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Go to the TOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal15 View Post
North Dallas RV has a good reputation but usually a full yard of Airstreams.

D
North Dallas had my Airstream for six months and promised me every 2 weeks that they were starting on it. Then after 6 months of telling me this, they tell me they wouldn't start until the end of August.

If you can make a little bit of a drive, Top's Texas Vintage Campers in Harker Heights does work on new and vintage Airstreams. I won't trust my next trailer to just anyone, and Lance will be my first choice.

Steve
Old 03-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Holly Lake Ranch , Texas
Steve

thanks for posting that. I was just wondering this weekend how your project was coming... hadn't seen anything posted lately.

I would have sent her in Lance's direction but that's a pretty long drive if it isn't something major..... but thanks for adding Top to the discussion

Dana
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
D,

Yeah...I must say that I was completely shocked to continuously told that things were going well to only find out they were not. With it happening twice in a row, I figured that Karma was trying to tell me something, and sold the 56 SotR. The new owner is a really nice guy who already has a 1959 Tradewind, but wanted something bigger for a growing family.

Lance is a great guy who has never screwed me over or lied to me(a major plus), and with 23 years in the Army has the integrity thing down perfectly. It is a little far though..you are right about that.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
I had a good bit of work done by

Blue Moon RV Service Repair Mobile Motor Home Repair Dallas Carrollton TX

One service call and I otherwise took our '83 Silver Streak to their shop and camped there 3-4 days. No complaints in a general sense, but no "serious" work done either. They are decently-run and -- like all in this business, expensive -- I have no qualms with recommending the owner or his men.

I went through a series of preventive maintenance things: remove & replace A/C unit (new gasket); remove and replace sealants on all roof penetrations; replace converter, new awning arms, etc. I had another mobile tech install an EVERPURE system for me who also did a fair amount of electrical checks (but he moved to Florida).

This was in 2007 when we were full-timing.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
DTR

1988 32' Excella
Plano , Texas
Thank you all. I have contacted Top's and Blue Moon. I will let you know the outcome....