Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #1
1Boyscout

2015 28' International
Edmond , Oklahoma
Question Roof checking for leaks

I 've owned 4 TTs, but this is my 1st AS. How do you recommend getting on the roof of an AS?

I had a leaky window one time, but always cheked all the seams around vents,etc to avoid leaks. I keep seeing forums about leaks and wonder if I should have kept my Eagle.

Advise,:
1Boyscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Getting on the roof depends on your weight and agility. Less than 180 lbs, and careful. It can be as simple as putting a ladder(with padding) against the side and placing a padded plywood square (big enough to span between the ribs) and carefully crawling up. Do not go on the hemispheres. For bigger jobs people have built scaffolds on each side and 12 ft. boards between them, to not put any load on the trailer.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:02 AM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up How do you recommend getting on the roof of an AS?....

......lay your left index finger along the right side of your nose and say....."we don't make changes, only improvements"
Poof your there.

or......use a ladder leaned against a window drip rail or awning cover, ware deck shoes or sneakers, stay off the end caps, step close the the rivet lines, and don't go there in the rain.

Bob
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote