Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Queens , New York
Roll up Blinds

at a recent RV show we saw the new trailers have these window treatment installed instead of the Alum mini blinds. got an estimate from our local AS dealer to have our FC retro fitted.
almost $ 1300 (yikes). does anyone know where we could buy these and install them ourselves ? i checked the Airstream store w/o any luck. ideas ?
thanks-in-advance,
Rusty.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
at a recent RV show we saw the new trailers have these window treatment installed instead of the Alum mini blinds. got an estimate from our local AS dealer to have our FC retro fitted.
almost $ 1300 (yikes). does anyone know where we could buy these and install them ourselves ? i checked the Airstream store w/o any luck. ideas ?
thanks-in-advance,
Rusty.
They are called OceanAir Blinds - and if you use the SEARCH option you'll find several websites where they are sold - usually marine related.

They aren't inexpensive even if you order them from other sources than Airstream. They now offer more than one style of hold-down - one of the complaints about the originals is that they were either fully open or fully closed (until most of us noticed that you could catch the ends of the blinds under the window operators and get them to be half open (International/ Classic style windows). Some people have had problems with them fraying at the edges and they aren't child/dog friendly.

I have them and like them, but if cost is your big concern you might consider looking at some high end home blinds.

Roller Shades, Roller Blinds, Solar Shades & Sun Shades | Blinds.comâ„¢

Many people have NO idea you can get this kind of look in a roller blind. If you're REALLY "economy minded" many fabric stores sell empty roller sets - and you buy the fabric, iron on lining/backing and staple it on the blind yourself. You can go really custom that way.

Here is one site for the OceanAir blinds - there are sites with a lot more selection, but this was quick.
Oceanair Cabinshade Port & Hatch Shade at AhoyCaptain.com

Brace yourself for the prices.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Greenbrier , Arkansas
Hi there! Not sure if this is what you mean or not, but the plain white roller shades are available at Lowes/ Home Depot and you can actually have them cut to the right width at the store. There is a decorative end cap that pops off and back on so the cut doesnt affect appearance. They are still WAY too long so if you don't want the extra thickness on the roll you'd have to cut it and do some kind of finish to the bottom. But, they are fairly inexpensive compared to to having someone else do it all. Here's one i found online.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Queens , New York
Thanks FA, that's perfect.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:13 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Queens , New York
thank you Rege.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
1955 22' Flying Cloud
1964 17' Bambi II
Clear Lake Shores , Texas
Best price

I installed them on all the windows in my 55 FC and love them.
I bought mine from this source:
OceanAir CABINshade (RAILshade) for sailboats and Airstream Trailers, from Zarcor, an authorized Oceanair Dealer, reseller.
I have not found them cheaper anywhere.
Very good customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Backsplash1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	250413