Old 08-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #29
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
What a great thread. Thanks Dacia. If I had the luxury to do it all again, I would only do some minor things not really worth mentioning as I really like the way our TW turned out.

The one thing I would do though is to put in a third brake light inside the bathroom window and have it set up where there are actually two, matching ones side-by-side. One for each brake/turn signal. These would be set up where they just plug in when getting ready to hit the road and are stored away when not in use. I'm still engineering this in my head but am quite certain it will work.

4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
My current thought is to use the outboard marker lights as turn lights and the center rear marker light as a brake light. The more warning I can give the person behind me, the better.

hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:41 PM   #31
Rivet Master
1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
A well-marked Airstream

Brad and Hampstead, those are both good ideas on signals and braking lights. I don't have a center rear marker so I'm going to investigate Brad's idea. I certainly agree, anything extra to warn the person behind me may prevent a panel replacement, or worse.
Traveling With Elvis
life with a 1956 Sovereign of the Road

Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member
1979 31' Excella 500
1973 25' Tradewind
Cinnaminson , New Jersey
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
anything extra to warn the person behind me may prevent a panel replacement, or worse.
Great ideas, I never gave much thought for additional brake/turn signal lights as a permanent installation but I did purchase a magnetic set of trailer lights for those times that, at the last minute when you hook up, you find that the trailer lights are not working and you want to get on the road NOW.

My original thought was to put them on the bumper if needed. The idea to place them in the bathroom window is a good idea, but would they be too close together in the window

Tom Beitz
6760 PA Unit
Riverton, NJ
tfbeitz is offline   Reply With Quote