Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1984 27' Sovereign
tallahassee , Florida
Replacement AC

Would like some info on relplacing the AC on my 84 sovereign, we currently have an old coleman 13.5 which has seen its last summer. I read through some posts but found that many are old and would like some current information. I was looking at the Duotherm Brisk air 15k vs the coleman 15k. I suppose carrier is no longer and option. I read that with the carrier an additional drain pan was not needed, is something that would be a good replacement for my coleman without a drain pan. Please explain what is out there.

Thank you so much
chermail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Missouri Valley , Iowa
Chermail,
I replaced my Dometic A/C heatpump combo last summer. It didn't keep the trlr cool if temps approached 90*. I installed the 15K Coleman/AirExcel unit. It was a fair amount of work requiring new wall tstat and tstat wiring. Also needed to make a drainpan for condensate and figure how to install all pieces. To me it was worth it because the rear bedroom can be kept cool as well as whole trlr. I probably spent $1,200 and did most of the install with help from my son. This was for my '02 30' Classic w/ slide. Hope this helps!!
Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote