I removed the Dometic 600312 AC on roof of my 2010 Bambi two years ago and it's time to reinstall, or go with a properly contoured vent window as originally planned.
1. Can someone point me to the properly contoured vent window? I searched Fan-tastic's site with no luck.
2. If I go the AC route, should I ditch the old drip tray system and go with the trayless aux drain kit that I've read about on the forum? (does this even apply to my drip tray model?) My setup didn't use a gasket underneath the drip tray but I don't know if there's one between the tray and the upper AC unit, as my tray is still attached to the upper. Is my model even a candidate for the aux drain kit setup? See lewster's post:
3. If I go with the original drip tray setup sorry for the FAQ but I want to be sure: Can someone tell me the correct products to use for glueing and sealing? When I removed it, the AC unit came up still attached to the drip tray, and it appears to be in tact with no cracks. Looks like two products were used:
- a white glue between the bottom of the drip tray and the top of the roof
- a gray sealer stuffed applied to the inside edges of the roof opening to keep the elements out. Is this SikaFlex 221?
(what goo to use seems to be well documented if I go with the new kit).
Photos of what I removed: