Old 08-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Me again Howard.....

I see you put "elfa" frames and drawers in one of your cabinets. While your measuring things i'm wondering if you could measure how wide the space needs to fit that type of thing. I don't have a double closet like you, but I might have the ability to make it work in my wardrobe closet. It would be really good to generate a bit more Kitchen type storage....

Thanks one more time

Cheers
Doug

Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Arcticfox (Doug) here's how another member installed the Villa Lift Recliners in his 28' Airstream

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...ed-116209.html

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Here's a link showing dimensions of the Villa Lift Recliner Airstream uses

Stress Free Villa Lift Recliner
Thanks very much for the link Doug. The dimensions are very helpful... Also your comment about moving them a little and pointing the recliner parts toward the centre makes a ton of sense.

Cheers
Doug-2
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #74
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Saskatchewan
TKS Doug - I will check it out ASAP
Cheers
Doug-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Arcticfox (Doug) here's how another member installed the Villa Lift Recliners in his 28' Airstream

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f46/...ed-116209.html
Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Me again Howard.....

I see you put "elfa" frames and drawers in one of your cabinets. While your measuring things i'm wondering if you could measure how wide the space needs to fit that type of thing. I don't have a double closet like you, but I might have the ability to make it work in my wardrobe closet. It would be really good to generate a bit more Kitchen type storage....

Thanks one more time

Cheers
Doug

I'll send some photos of the installed chairs tomorrow. As for the Efla storage units,, the frames and shelves come in 10, 14, 18 and 22 inch widths. Also different heights and depths. You could make them Work in your 28 wardrobe to fill the whole space or, say, just 1/2. I screw the frame to the closet floor plus a screw and PVC pipe spacer at the frame top and closet side wall--stabilizes upper part of the units when loaded. Put some big stick on chair leg cushions on the inside closet door-in line with sliding shelve top frames to keep shelves in place when underway. Stick these near the hinge side of the door.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfox View Post
Me again Howard.....

Thanks one more time

Cheers
Doug

I'll send some photos of the installed chairs. As for the Efla storage units,, the frames and shelves come in 10, 14, 18 and 22 inch widths. Also different heights and depths. You could make them Work in your 28 wardrobe to fill the whole space or, say, just 1/2. I screw the frame to the closet floor plus a screw and PVC pipe spacer at the frame top and closet side wall--stabilizes upper part of the units when loaded. Put some big stick-on chair leg cushions on the inside closet door-in line with sliding shelve top frames to serve as bumpers and keep shelves in place when underway. Stick these near the hinge side of the door.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Arctic fox, here are some shots of the chair mounting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1407523151.132673.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	643.2 KB
ID:	218615

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1407523198.211429.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	649.8 KB
ID:	218616
Chair back reclined to window, but still not fully down.

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1407523425.328431.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	642.6 KB
ID:	218618

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1407523494.157126.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	712.0 KB
ID:	218619
This last pic looks like the chair is almost right inline with the side/folding table. It is, but the chair corner never comes closer than 8 inches to the vertical frame as the chair is swiveled. Also I can raise the folding table with 6" or more space between it and he chair if I swivel the chair 90 or 180 degrees.

Thus, I still think it would all work in the 28 (chairs, center front wall table and the side wall folding table.

We have a new dog, note her kennel under the table in case she likes the taste of airstream when we go to dinner and that's a 30/19/21 crate.

Note, chair center pedestal measures 24 " from side walls.
Howard

Old 08-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
Whoops articfox, I see the 28 has gear installed under the L-sofa. Guess the side folding table does not look possible without modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 08-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Orange County , California
Doug,

I noticed you left the old brackets that the dining table used to latch on to. Any thoughts on removing them and covering them? Also what did you hide the other holes with? Hard to see from the 10-2013 photo. Also was the aluminum pretty scuff free when all the previous seating was removed? Overall looks pretty clean and open. Gene
Old 08-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I left the old table brackets on for the time being, on the outside chance I would convert it back for some reason. That won't happen, works much better than before. Since then I have put the various cabinet mounting screws back into their holes. Rivets would look better I think, but I don't notice them, they're out of view for the most part.

The was minor scuffing of the wall where the long bench seat was installed, roadside. Nothing we notice.

Yes with the benches and table out it's wide open. Our model is a FC 25 rear bed, the furnace is under/behind the sink cabinet.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #81
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Orange County , California
Well everything sure came out great! One more question...and sorry if you already covered this...did you relocate or just remove the sub-woofer? Ours is behind the drawer near the steps , under the bench seat. I didn't see it in the pictures. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
I left the sub-woofer in place. You don't see it behind the recliner and the Villa Lift recliner base does not slide back that far. Plenty of room for both.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #83
2 Rivet Member

2003 25' Safari
Livingston , Texas
Alternate (Cheaper) Source for Villa Lift Recliners

I've noticed in various threads that most people who are making recliner conversions are purchasing their Benchmaster Villa Lift recliners from Glastop, Inc. Glastop is located somewhere in Florida.

I had a question about the materials used in the recliners and so I called Glastop. They stated that the recliners were 'leather', but didn't seem to be sure and when further questioned stated that they'd call the importer and get back to me. They didn't. When I called them back the answer I was given was that the front surfaces are leather, and the back and sides are vinyl. The price they quoted me was $745 per chair, plus $250 for shipping to our current location in east Tennessee. Total cost for 2 chairs, with shipping, was $1740.

Since Glastop didn't sound too confident of the materials, I called the importer (Villa International in Cerritos, California). They confirmed that the front of the recliner is 'leather', back and sides are vinyl, both as specified by Glastop.

We asked if they would be willing to sell us two chairs directly. They were. The price we paid was $690 per chair, plus "approximately $75 per chair" for shipping to Tennessee. The actual shipping cost was $65 per chair. Total for 2 chairs with shipping was $1510. We saved $230 as compared to the price quoted by Glastop.

The name of the person that we spoke to at Villa International was Robert Long; his assistant is Sarah. They can be reached at (562) 404-8111. They shipped the day after I paid and I received the chairs a quick 2 days after that.

I love the chairs and they are comfortable, especially as compared to our old gaucho.

I highly doubt, however, that there is any leather to be found on them. The back and sides are definitely vinyl, and the front and seat look like they're probably 'bonded leather' - which really isn't leather at all but is a man-made material that contains bits and pieces of animal hide. Wears about the same as vinyl.

The price, however, is right; and the chairs look good and are comfortable. If they wear out quickly, I can replace them a couple of times and still come out ahead over the price of an Ultraleather recliner, which is what I would have preferred all things being equal.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #84
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas , Texas
"Jake",
Just curious....I thought these were the same recliners Airstream uses and refers to as Ultraleather....or am I missing something?
Given the factory delivered price to you was $755 per chair, how would this have compared to buying them directly from Airstream when they did the conversion in Jackson?
Thanks,
John