Old 05-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #29
Single Slice

2004 28' Safari S/O
Livingston , Louisiana
It has now been over one month since I cleaned out the opossum. I have not any additional troubles with the oppossum or mice. I did put out a lot of moth balls and several of the things that you can hang inside your toilet bowl. I have also put moth balls in my AS storage areas and on the gound under the trailer. I also plan on putting some inside the trailer in all of the holes in the floor. Yes, I know that they do smell but I think that to seal up all openings around the AS will not be good for air circulation to reduce moisture buildup and rust. As for me, I will take a little smell in order to do away with the un-wanted guest and rust/corrosion. After all I do live in SE Louisiana where we have a lot of it all.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I saw these gaps in the frame extensions, [out riggers] in front of and behind the wheels. This is in the wheel well area and too large to use the foam sealer on. So I bought two builder's plates, cut them in half, and pop riveted them in place. I saw these when I was doing my other mouse proofing, but I was unable to get to them. I waited until I was ready to do my brake and wheel bearing inspections. It's much easier to reach with the wheels off. I hope I have all bases [mouse holes] covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2025 (Large).JPG
Views:	69
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	103474   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2024 (Large).JPG
Views:	70
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	103475  

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Mud wasp

I read the posting from Norcal regarding the mud wasp....I was told and shown by a friend of mine who I bought my first bambi from, that they don't like yellow paint....He had paint strips about every four feet running up and down his interior walls of his unfinished garage....The vent piping on top of the bambi had been painted with the yellow paint, and he swore by it....He said they wouldn't come near it...Now if that works, a person could put strips on the bottom of the belly pan which couldn't be seen and should keep them from building their mud nests....
Old 12-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #32
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Something like this might work??

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole-red View Post
I read the posting from Norcal regarding the mud wasp....I was told and shown by a friend of mine who I bought my first bambi from, that they don't like yellow paint....He had paint strips about every four feet running up and down his interior walls of his unfinished garage....The vent piping on top of the bambi had been painted with the yellow paint, and he swore by it....He said they wouldn't come near it...Now if that works, a person could put strips on the bottom of the belly pan which couldn't be seen and should keep them from building their mud nests....
Old 12-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I saw these gaps in the frame extensions, [out riggers] in front of and behind the wheels. This is in the wheel well area and too large to use the foam sealer on. So I bought two builder's plates, cut them in half, and pop riveted them in place. I saw these when I was doing my other mouse proofing, but I was unable to get to them. I waited until I was ready to do my brake and wheel bearing inspections. It's much easier to reach with the wheels off. I hope I have all bases [mouse holes] covered.
I noticed those obvious critter and water entry points also. I filled with sealer.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
This is a great thread! I'm going to invest in some of the aluminum wool and when I get my new (used) 2007 Safari, mouse-proofing is one of the first things I'm going to do.

ROBERTSUNRUS, I'm going to go your route (expanding foam, etc.) Is it still working?

I used one of those electric Ultra-sonic rodent evader things. I got it at Sharper Image to use in my house and I found that it worked well. When I noticed mouse evidence in the trailer, I put it out there and I think it was working - as long as it was running - if I turned it off or if the electric went off - they were back in a flash.

My new trailer will be as mouse proofed as possible.

The Silver Pearl & The Black Pearl

2008 25' Safari FB SE Queen converted to King
2014 Ford Expedition EXP Limited 4x4 V-8
McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Hensley Swift-Arrow Hitch
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreegirl View Post
ROBERTSUNRUS, I'm going to go your route (expanding foam, etc.) Is it still working?

I used one of those electric Ultra-sonic rodent evader things.
My new trailer will be as mouse proofed as possible.

Hi, so far so good; no mice. I also have one or two of those Ultra-Sonic devices in my trailer.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote