Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2008 23' International CCD
Blacksburg , Virginia
Question re: warranty service

Hi all!

Next week is a scary day for us: the end of our warranty for our 2008 International. We have an appointment with an Airstream service dept. in Florida to have some issues looked at before the warranty expires. My question is: is there any sort of checklist or does anyone have any suggestions for things we may want checked before the warranty expires? We have a potential plumbing problem in our kitchen faucet. When I spoke to the service dept. they suspected it may be a simple fix. We have a potential leak in our front window although we are unsure if it is a leak as we haven't identified it yet but we do have water spots. Other issues are with cabinet fixtures and minor things. Thoughts, recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
There really isn't a "preventative warranty" list. What happens is if it breaks or doesn't work, it gets fixed under warranty. If it stills works the way it's supposed to, it can't be replaced as a warranty item.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
Chief Chili Cook

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Bakersfield , California
Leaks are a pain. I would check those windows by soaking them all with a water hose. I would also soak the top and check the sky light and vents. You could raise the front and soak, then lower the front and soak, just so you get water running forward and back. It might take a while for the water to actually start showing up in the trailer, so after a good long "rain" check a few times over the next hour for leaks.

Of course, put the vents down first, and I'm not talking about a direct concentrated jet of water directed right at the window seal. But what you would consider a hard rain coming in from various directions.

The service department won't look for things that are broke, but if you can point out what's leaking, you have a better chance of them fixing it.
newroswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
When I went in for my last warranty service, I had a typed and dated list of defects, then followed it up by e-mail to the service manager. I took care of most of the small stuff, but emphasized the important ones, like leaks.
Best of luck, Lani.Please let us know how it works out.
WDCU
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by newroswell View Post

The service department won't look for things that are broke
Actually, they do.

My bath skylight was busted, and I had no idea- Rick pointed it out while we were discussing something else... they swapped it out while it was there for some other warranty work. They did outstanding work... including a few "freebies" that I'm not sure they would appreciate me posting here...
Old 03-10-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
For two years we've traveled with our new '07 AS International. There were some issues that needed to be taken care of - the monitor telling us the tanks were full or empty, etc...were giving false signals; the molding around the closet kept falling out while underway; the mechanism that allowed the sofa to slide out converting to a huge bed space wasn't working correctly; a hinge on a door was broken and so on. We just picked the AS up from Jackson Center two days ago (long delayed due to all the snow and freezing drizzle that kept Ohio under cover) and they had repaired everything we identified. They spent twelve hours working on it at no charge. They checked several other items while it was there - I couldn't be happier with their work. I'm glad we live within 120 miles of JC - a fairly long trip over and back, but it ain't FLorida or South Carolina. Good luck with your dealer repairs. Happy 'streamin in 2010.
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Go up on the roof and check the black tank vent (all roof vents), Fantastic vent covers and skylight cover if equipped, the roof has been a notorious source of leaks...