Old 04-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2006 25' International CCD
Laguna Niguel , California
Problem? Paint on rear deck bubbling up

I just noticed some algae was forming on the rear deck near the belly band on my 2006 CCD. We have had a very dry winter but just recently had some hard rains. I noticed that due to the shape of the Airstream, water tends to accumulate where the belly band and the frame meet at the rear deck. I applied some diluted bleach to kill the algae but then while cleaning this afternoon I noticed that moisture was under the paint and it was bubbling. Any thoughts?

msfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1972 Argosy 20
Snoqualmie , Washington
This area has been of poor design and execution since at least the 60's it appears, probably earlier. Lots of posts on this forum for fixes. Do a search for "rear end separation". Basically clean the area well, inspect and, if no structural damage, then vulkem.

DryFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
2006 25' International CCD
Laguna Niguel , California
Thanks, I was also thinking about riveting some aluminum J or U channel across the back end, up higher, just below the tail lights at the reverse curve to channel the water away much like a rain gutter. I'll think on it.
msfitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search