Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Muscle Shoals , Alabama
Penguin 2 with HP...which ADB will work best?

I have looked all over and found that the 3314850.000 will work but the design is terrible. Most of the air is dumped out the back with little out front. Will 3310742.014 work? Anyone have experience with it?

http://www.americanrvcompany.com/Dom...anual-Controls

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...at-white/67158
mschneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
RV DEALER IN COCOA FL

1987 32' Excella
cocoa , Florida
I am amazed at the design too. It is really horrible. I am so amazed when I look at it. terrible. Did they loose a patient design to coleman? whats the deal. I am an rv dealer that has a personal airstream. I put a penguin 2 on the front because I like the exterior low profile look. I have a coleman mach on the rear. I had booth units already that is why they are mix matched. The coleman has superior airflow. I just installed the low flow trim kit for the penguin 2. It directs the majority of the air to the rear. I wanted the better designed kit, the second one you mentioned. dometic said it would on fit. What did you end up with?
juvaro2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Muscle Shoals , Alabama
I ended up ordering both and went with the ...014. By no means is it the easiest of the two to install but is by far the superior design. Duct work takes some work with some foil tape to get it right but is is far more efficient.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Muscle Shoals , Alabama
I ended up ordering both and went with the ...014. By no means is it the easiest of the two to install but is by far the superior design. Duct work takes some work with some foil tape to get it right but is is far more efficient.

Dometic also steered me towards the "turd"...thanks...