Old 08-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Pass Thru Rachets and Sockets

Forgive me if I am the only tool user that had not seen these before.

The following video link was stolen from "NEWROSWELL"'s post in the Andersen Hitch Thread.

Craftsman 51-Piece Max Axess Mechanic's Tool Set - YouTube

Another disclaimer: Unfortunately I receive no proceeds from the sale of these items.

Upon seeing these, I immediately knew they were an absolute necessity for a tool box. After some research, I bought the set in the video. They arrived today. They are niftier than I imagined. They can replace all the ratchets, normal sockets, deep sockets, box end wrenches, ratcheting box end wrenches (and maybe some other things) that I currently carry. I like them so much, I just ordered this 1/2 inch set to complete the tool armory.

25 pc. XL Pass-Thru Ratchet Set with Flex GearRatchet 1/2 in. Drive Handle- GearWrench-Tools-Hand Tools-Ratchets.

I'll let you know if I break any of them.

There is no such thing as too many tools..

Ken

Old 08-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I've had a set of those for nearly ten years. I have yet to break one. They stay in the trailer, and take the place of 4 other socket sets. Metric, inch, shallow and deep sockets.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #3

Exclamation Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
I've had a set of those for nearly ten years. I have yet to break one. They stay in the trailer, and take the place of 4 other socket sets. Metric, inch, shallow and deep sockets.
It is painful to discover that I am at least 10 years behind in tool technology.

I will have to come out of my prairie dog hole more often.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdog001[1].jpg
Views:	33
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	165125  
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
You can buy them at Lowe's under the Kobalt name.... Most of my guys have them in their tool boxes, probably one of the best tool innovations in years. They are called Kobalt Xtreme Access.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #5

More Toys

In a blatant attempt to pad my post count, I am posting again to the thread I started. I am doing this because I have heard scuttlebutt that Airforums has come up with a new plan to encourage participation. Each year on your Airforums anniversary, you will receive an E-check in the amount of one dollar per post in the preceding year. Supporting members will get $2.00 per post.

Now the second reason for posting.

I received the 1/2 inch set today. It looks robust and has a good assortment of sockets. Even better for me, it is very bright and shiny. I like that. It was made in China, but I am sure that is the famous industrial town on Lake Erie: China, Ohio. The ratchet has a fairly long handle. I just wish it came with a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter, so I get find how how strong the 3/8" sockets really are.

All in all I think it is going to be great to have along to deal with the big jobs.

Ken
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure I can post at least 6 times an hour so this might pay better than my pension check.

Now -- I've been thru Ohio a few times and I never did see China there? It must have been one of those cities that declared bankruptcy and was taken over be China.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
In a blatant attempt to pad my post count, I am posting again to the thread I started. I am doing this because I have heard scuttlebutt that Airforums has come up with a new plan to encourage participation. Each year on your Airforums anniversary, you will receive an E-check in the amount of one dollar per post in the preceding year. Supporting members will get $2.00 per post.

It was made in China, but I am sure that is the famous industrial town on Lake Erie: China, Ohio.
Ken
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figure I can post at least 6 times an hour so this might pay better than my pension check.

Now -- I've been thru Ohio a few times and I never did see China there? It must have been one of those cities that declared bankruptcy and was taken over be China.
Dave
So that's what happens. I keep hearing about cities declaring bankruptcy, and then you just never hear about them again. But I guess if the Chinese can just build a city on disputed Islands...... Wait, you don't suppose they just moved Stockton or Bakersfield to that island, do you?

The irony of all this is I never would have imagined a day when I would walk into a hardware store hoping they would have some tools made in Taiwan or Japan, but that's what I do now.

Ken
Old 08-09-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Ken, I have not recieved my official notification about the post payment program (PPP). Am I being excluded for some reason? I wonder if it will be retroactive?

Adios,
Dan
Old 08-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Ken, I have not recieved my official notification about the post payment program (PPP). Am I being excluded for some reason? I wonder if it will be retroactive?

Adios,
Dan
Dan,

I believe it is double secret. Therefor if you know about it, you would be in violation of the program's rules, and therefore be disqualified. However if you don't know about it, you won't know to apply, and thus still won't get paid.
It is only those people who don't know that they don't know about it who will be able to collect.

Ken
Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Ken, I don't know nothin.... I'll be waiting for the check in the mail. I hope it comes soon. I've put a lot of effort into this.

Adios,
Dan
Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Ken, I don't know nothin.... I'll be waiting for the check in the mail. I hope it comes soon. I've put a lot of effort into this.

Adios,
Dan
Sorry, you didn't read my last post carefully. You must not know that you don't know. You state that you don't know nothing. Since you know that you don't know nothing, that also means there is nothing you don't know. Therefor, you do know that you don't know. Hence you are ineligible.

A brain transplant may solve your problem. It depends on what the new brains knows about what it doesn't know.

We value your participation in not participating.

Now, if you have additional questions, Please return to the end of the line.

Have a nice day.

Ken