Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #225
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Cursh, good luck in San Francisco and I hope you and your Airstream will soon be reunited.

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Marietta , Georgia
Cursh, any update?!

Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #227
Idiot Savant
1967 22' Safari
Auburn , Alabama
Thumbs up A lot has happened.

Three year update is nuts. The girl I was in love with at the beginning of this thread just had a baby with her boyfriend of three years. I like him a lot. San Francisco was fantastic. I very much enjoyed my time there. I ended up spending about three weeks in a homeless shelter while I was working up a deposit on a house. I met some amazing folks, got a design job, and got laid off. I moved in with my grandmother and ended up moving back to Alabama a day less than a year after moving to San Francisco. I came home to write a proposal to start an on campus bicycle cooperative at Auburn University. While in San Francisco I oversaw the busiest shift at the very successful Bike Kitchen. The proposal should be available somewhere on my professional website: Ben Lewis Creative | . The university wasn't comfortable creating a position for a bike mech and was interested in trying to outsource the shop based on location. I told them why every shop would turn down their offer. I was right =) in the mean time I took my Obama stimulus "thank you for being so damn poor and trying to pay taxes anyway" Check and started my own bike cooperative in the Airstream. Http:// While working with the university and the bike shop proposal I revisited the interior of the airstream. My workmanship was shoddy so i re removed the interior and had a couple dance parties in it. At this point it was just a shell. I put a couple benches and tool storage in the safari. The town wasn't exactly coop ready. I spent more time finding a place to park the trailer than I did teaching folks how to fix bicycles. I got fed up with my tiny college town and planned a bike journey. I had recently become a born again Christian and wanted to use the journey to grow spiritually and figure out what I was doing. I visited friends and checked out a graduate program at Carnegie Mellon. The blog is Pedal Pioneer | A Velo-Adventure I funded the trip by selling the airstream to my across the street neighbor, a design professor at Auburn University. He plans to live in it. Now I'm fixing up an adorable rental house in downtown Auburn. My mom bought it when she was my age. We are renting it out for football games. As soon as the house is presentable I will start prototyping bike bags based on my experience touring and the research from my senior thesis. I hope to manufacture them in house under the brand Pedal Pioneer. I currently work at a screen printing shop in auburn. Our shirts can be seen at . The t Rex with a sombrero is my shirt, as is the cat with glasses and the clouds raining sheep (and the bass with atudio headphones) I guess I really lean towards designs personifying animals. Good to know. All is well. Thanks for asking.
- I am sorry that my train of thought is so hard to board

1988 C20 Suburban 454
1967 Safari 22' (like a fish)
"genius, talent, and luck have very little to do with success. The Successful all have one thing in common - persistance"
- Melon
Cursh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #228
Rivet Master
1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Curshkid, happy to see that you are forging ahead Cursh-like.
Go, Christian Airstreamerz! Or bicyclists.
Hope our paths cross again. I'm supposed to move back to Kankakee sometime so will be closer.

Of course I'm an elitist. Look around you.
summerkid is offline   Reply With Quote