Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #221
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Largo , Florida
I was getting ready to go to a movie this evening. What a great read. First I said to my self - "how stupid", then was angrey with all the "child bashing" comments about "how stupid" then comes my loud laughter many more times than once. We want more pictures. I love how the older experienced AS owners have the caring & loving interest in assisting a young, somewhat knowledgable AS owner and some are slapping him silly for the things he does or just making sure he understands the issues. Cursh you have a wonderful personality and sense of humor. The best for you with your Vintage AS. You will need to keep up the cheerful spirits. You have many challenges before your AS completed. I have renovated 2 good size boats (lived aboard), a Class A motorhome and now towards the end of my '68, 24' Tradewind. I have questioned my sanity more than once - "like what am I doing?" You are strong and able to roll with the trials, tribulations and the FEED BACK (in the beginning of this thread) from some of the members. It was good to tell them "I love you guy's". I agree with you about these guy's - there all pretty teriffic with sharing their knowledge. I also watched you grow up a little since the beginning of your thread and that makes me feel good. Your attitude is wonderful.
Judy
Old 09-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamjudy View Post
I was getting ready to go to a movie this evening. What a great read...
Cursh is every movie wrapped up into one life's experiences. Some of us can stick with it and others have to walk out in the middle.

I, for one, hope to see him grow (in knowledge)... since we may cross paths some day and I would prefer his trailer to be still attached to his vehicle.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #223
Idiot Savant

1967 22' Safari
Auburn , Alabama
She had fun fun fun till her daddy realized that all those wires coming out behind where the oridingal fridge was aren't carrying any current at all.

Anyway - There is a wire bank. From the looks of it - 3-5 sets of 12V wires that all tap into this sigle wall style switch.

In the same board the switch is installed there is a working 110V outlet

There is also a loose 12V wire that doesn't output power regardless of switch position

They don't seem to serve a purpose at all. Flipping the switch doesn't cut power to anything in the trailer.

So my question is, What did they used to go to?

I need to decide whether I should fix it or just hew them all off and ignore the fact that they were ever there again. I'm installing my Nova Kool ice box there and its just a quick four feet to tap it directly into the batteries, so I don't mind leaving them be.

I guess at this point I am just curious.

P.S. I'm moving to San Fran without my rig to try to get a design job.

IF that happens I will move the trailer out and live in it (partially completed of course)

I promise to post pictures before I go (Its just an absolute mess at the moment.)

love

1972 international 27' (like a fish)
Cursh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:56 AM   #224
Idiot Savant

1967 22' Safari
Auburn , Alabama
i moved to san francisco - my airstream is still in bama - I miss it - but when I get a big person job it will be my home once more

Old 02-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #225
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Cursh, good luck in San Francisco and I hope you and your Airstream will soon be reunited.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #226
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Cursh, any update?!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #227
Idiot Savant

1967 22' Safari
Auburn , Alabama
Thumbs up A lot has happened.

Three year update is nuts. The girl I was in love with at the beginning of this thread just had a baby with her boyfriend of three years. I like him a lot. San Francisco was fantastic. I very much enjoyed my time there. I ended up spending about three weeks in a homeless shelter while I was working up a deposit on a house. I met some amazing folks, got a design job, and got laid off. I moved in with my grandmother and ended up moving back to Alabama a day less than a year after moving to San Francisco. I came home to write a proposal to start an on campus bicycle cooperative at Auburn University. While in San Francisco I oversaw the busiest shift at the very successful Bike Kitchen. The proposal should be available somewhere on my professional website: Ben Lewis Creative | . The university wasn't comfortable creating a position for a bike mech and was interested in trying to outsource the shop based on location. I told them why every shop would turn down their offer. I was right =) in the mean time I took my Obama stimulus "thank you for being so damn poor and trying to pay taxes anyway" Check and started my own bike cooperative in the Airstream. http://plainsmanbikes.org While working with the university and the bike shop proposal I revisited the interior of the airstream. My workmanship was shoddy so i re removed the interior and had a couple dance parties in it. At this point it was just a shell. I put a couple benches and tool storage in the safari. The town wasn't exactly coop ready. I spent more time finding a place to park the trailer than I did teaching folks how to fix bicycles. I got fed up with my tiny college town and planned a bike journey. I had recently become a born again Christian and wanted to use the journey to grow spiritually and figure out what I was doing. I visited friends and checked out a graduate program at Carnegie Mellon. The blog is Pedal Pioneer | A Velo-Adventure I funded the trip by selling the airstream to my across the street neighbor, a design professor at Auburn University. He plans to live in it. Now I'm fixing up an adorable rental house in downtown Auburn. My mom bought it when she was my age. We are renting it out for football games. As soon as the house is presentable I will start prototyping bike bags based on my experience touring and the research from my senior thesis. I hope to manufacture them in house under the brand Pedal Pioneer. I currently work at a screen printing shop in auburn. Our shirts can be seen at Stamplify.com — . The t Rex with a sombrero is my shirt, as is the cat with glasses and the clouds raining sheep (and the bass with atudio headphones) I guess I really lean towards designs personifying animals. Good to know. All is well. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Curshkid, happy to see that you are forging ahead Cursh-like.
Go, Christian Airstreamerz! Or bicyclists.
Hope our paths cross again. I'm supposed to move back to Kankakee sometime so will be closer.