Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
WBCCI 8562

1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
Oasis Airstream OK???

I stopped in at Oasis two weeks ago for some parts, not a new Airstream in sight, Only one guy around. Are they OK? They stock a great bunch of parts.!!!
Jim in Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
My understanding is that Oasis is no longer a Airstream dealer. This was posted on here earlier. However they do still have new Airstreams. They're in the back of the lot on the left as you face the building. I've been there several times in the last few weeks.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Dolores , Colorado
Oasis is still listed on the Airstream website as a dealer along with Dillions in Mesa, AZ. There are many A/S owners that will not use anybody else for repair work or warranty work. I visited with the service department at Dillions a year or so back about a new clear coat for our unit and they informed me due to EPA regulations they do not offer that service. However the dealer in Tuscon (Oasis) was grandfathered in when the EPA got involved.

Bob
Member 4CU/CAC
WBCCI # 10105
AIR # 28748
dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Pima View Post
I stopped in at Oasis two weeks ago for some parts, not a new Airstream in sight, Only one guy around. Are they OK? They stock a great bunch of parts.!!!
Through advise on the forum, I talked to a guy at Oasis about our Thetford
leaking; he knew his stuff and I plan on going back.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We bought our Bambi at Oasis...however, they have recently backed out of the sales end of the business due to economic pressures....they are still an authorized service center and will probably go back into sales when the economy turns up. We heartily recommend them. The place is not fancy at all, but they know their stuff. The Airstreams behind their main building are not for sale...they belong to customers who are either having them serviced or stored there.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Just be careful buying anything used there. I won't say anything more on a public forum, but if you want to know more, PM me.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
denman is , b.c.
Question Need new brakes.

Need a supplier for trailer brakes for my 30' International trailer. Can you give me a reliable dealer? I'm in the southwest U.S. right now, but would be willing to have them shipped in.
kooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
The parts department at Oasis is very knowledgeable, deals well over the phone, and ships about as quickly and cheaply as I've seen.

I know you can get good service any number of places.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooshka View Post
Need a supplier for trailer brakes for my 30' International trailer. Can you give me a reliable dealer? I'm in the southwest U.S. right now, but would be willing to have them shipped in.
We carry over 3300 different Airstream parts in stock, including disc brakes, if you decided.

We ship World wide.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #10

1987 25' Sovereign
Ashland , Oregon
Oasis did a clear coat job for me, the exterior work was well done. I also asked for some interior work. Not so great a job. A latch was installed in such a way that I had to remove their job and do something different. A seal was blown out while cleaning the roof, very obvious, no one said anything to me. I pointed it out and they just shrugged and said "oh well, you outta fix that." Bottom line, exterior good, interior bad, if detail work is your thing, it isn't theirs. Feel free to PM if you want to know more.
rc30boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:15 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc30boy View Post
Oasis did a clear coat job for me, the exterior work was well done. I also asked for some interior work. Not so great a job. A latch was installed in such a way that I had to remove their job and do something different. A seal was blown out while cleaning the roof, very obvious, no one said anything to me. I pointed it out and they just shrugged and said "oh well, you outta fix that." Bottom line, exterior good, interior bad, if detail work is your thing, it isn't theirs. Feel free to PM if you want to know more.
Could you tell us the date of the work please? This thread is ten years old, so it is hard to tell which info is current.

Thanks,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:37 AM   #12

1987 25' Sovereign
Ashland , Oregon
11/20/2018 is date of work
rc30boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
We also a few years back had work done here Called said trailer ready to be picked up quoted a price over phone when picking up was a few hundred more. Never been back
Old 11-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Tucson , Arizona
I had passenger side wheel well and banana wrap repaired two weeks ago picked up 11/13/18). Quote was $300 less than their local competitor. Work was done expeditiously and at quoted amount. In addition they did some minor hinge adjustments at no charge. In fact most times I go there, they've done something small they noticed at no charge.

After dealing with the local AS dealer, and Desert Auto (after Eric Lanza left), I won't go anyplace else than Oasis.
The Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote