Old 08-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #1

2008 23' International CCD
Diablo , California
Northern California Repair Centers

Hello Airstreamers, I'm a newbie to this site. I have a 2008 International 23' Ocean Breeze which I purchased new off the lot 8/2009 in central CA and I am looking for recommendations and comments on Airstream Travel Trailer repair and maintenance centers near East Bay, Northern CA. I would like a small leak checked out and fixed in a vent seam and some rivets replaced in the interior that have popped out (heat expansion?) and some cosmetic rubber outside trim moldings that have fallen/peeled off by themselves (heat and rain?) while being stored and also routine general systems check and detailing done to the trailer. I found that many of the RV centers will say they can repair them, sell them, and/or are Thor product service centers but may not be actually listed under the Airstream Company as Airstream Service centers or have trained airstream repairmen on staff. Already I have had a horrid experience with one said local center and would like to avoid making another mistake. I would greatly appreciate any comments and recommendations based on your own experiences.
Thanks for your input on this matter,
Alan

Old 08-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
If you want an Airstream service center, your only choice may be Toscano in Los Banos.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave4Fishin View Post
Hello Airstreamers, I'm a newbie to this site. I have a 2008 International 23' Ocean Breeze which I purchased new off the lot 8/2009 in central CA and I am looking for recommendations and comments on Airstream Travel Trailer repair and maintenance centers near East Bay, Northern CA. I would like a small leak checked out and fixed in a vent seam and some rivets replaced in the interior that have popped out (heat expansion?) and some cosmetic rubber outside trim moldings that have fallen/peeled off by themselves (heat and rain?) while being stored and also routine general systems check and detailing done to the trailer. I found that many of the RV centers will say they can repair them, sell them, and/or are Thor product service centers but may not be actually listed under the Airstream Company as Airstream Service centers or have trained airstream repairmen on staff. Already I have had a horrid experience with one said local center and would like to avoid making another mistake. I would greatly appreciate any comments and recommendations based on your own experiences.
Thanks for your input on this matter,
Alan

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Volcano , California
I use Toscanos and have been very happy with the service there so far.
Zugbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
I can't say enough great things about our experience with Toscanos. Here ls a post I submitted to a similar thread a few years ago. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f381...ols-49393.html My post with photos is # 11. We spent 3 nights at their full hookup facilities and during the days passed the time exploring several acres of new Airstreams plus used units for sale. They deal in other brands so it was fun to compare. While there we were surprised to see a couple of other 'Streamers' that we knew in for warrantee work.

Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #5

2008 23' International CCD
Diablo , California
Thanks to all for the advice and help with the question. I immediately took a half day off work to pick up my trailer from the sad name service center and brought it to Toscano's, 90+ miles further from sad name service center (which was only 5 miles from my home and 2 miles from my work), and was met with immediate and professional service (Mr Bobby Sousa) who was courteous and knowledgeable in regards to my questions and problems with my trailer. It was well worth the drive, time and fuel for the peace of mind and comfort to know that the airstream
will be in good hands for repair.
Thanks again to all who responded!
Happy Trails,
Alan