Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
My trailer config has the refrigerator compartment RIGHT NEXT to the electrical socket. When I pull the power, I can hear the "snap, snap, snap" of the sparking unit as it kicks to the propane....and a quiet but definitely noticeable "whoosh" as the flame lights in the heating unit. I've done this enough times where I routinely listen for a start-up. That's not to say that I have NEVER missed something. There's an RV park in Mississipppi that has my "adventure in travel" doormat as a souvenir of my Spring visit.... I've also found that having a specific routine for breaking camp works for me. I do everything in the same sequence EVERY single time. If you solo like I do, there's only one set of eyes (and ears) which can have both pluses and minuses. I learned on the first trip to put my sink cover under the cushions of the L seat. I've found that I'm better off without it. In addition to the walk around, I also do a last minute check in my trailer mirrors to make SURE the step is up and that I didn't miss an electrical or hose connection.

"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I created a check list by coming out the door and turning left. I looked up and down in about a two foot wide vertical column of space and list anything that can move or be latched or whatever. I went all the way around. In the vicinity of the power cord/tv cable, water line and sewer snake, I do what is necessary while at that spot.

Lap two was backed away from the trailer to check things on the roof like antennas and hatches. Then I make sure all four stabilizers are stowed.

Then I do the hookup check list to the truck and double check all the safety pins and cables and check turn signals and brake lights.

I finish by double checking the inside for power switches to every appliance in the correct position, water drained in sinks and toilet bowl, fantastic fans secured for travel or cracked a smidgen for ventilation, refrigerator doing it's thing, lights off, doors and drawers secured for travel. I then close the door and lock both locks, stow the step and double check the curb side storage door is locked with all the the tools inside. Going toward the truck, I verify I have the mirrors in the extended position for towing, tailgate is up and locked, another quick look at the hitch lock pins, weight distribution arms are in the proper location and padlock on the catch and the seven wire cable is secure.

Then it is time to get underway. It is better to take the extra five minutes to check twice and not generate extra repairs. I am in no race to see how fast I can get on the road or to setup camp.

WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Excellent info here!! When I actually get my trailer I will need a checklist!!! I'm scatterbrained to a degree!

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote