Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

charlottesville , Virginia
New to this

I recently acquired an Argosy 20. The body is solid, and most of the windows are there, as is the same with the interior. Inside, the bathroom has been gutted and the trailer is missing the table, water tank, and I am pretty sure all of the other systems are in need of repair. Exterior wise, some of the vent covers are gone, the taillight bar is disintegrated, and unfortunately the drivers side front curved window is missing and the flat panel window is plexiglass. At this point I kinda want to gut the inside, and redo as a sleeping quarters camper for my kids and us. The issue is I can't find any parts for these? It seems that they are the same as airstream parts, is that correct? I'm guessing the window will be the most expensive thing to place, but I don't really know where to start. The trailer currently has no title, so I am about to start applying for one, but maybe not if restoring these campers is near impossible. Any information would be helpful. the goal is to maybe have this trailer cleaned out, new floors, and at a minimum running water and a refrigerator. It currently has the orginal appliances in it, but i doubt they work. Please let me know, thanks.
joekuhn1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Most Airstream and Argosy parts are interchangeable. A big, and expensive, exception is the front curved window. If you are really lucky you might find a used one. Check Colaws in Missouri. They may be available new try Vintage Trailer Supply or Inland RV, but be prepared to spend $500+. It is also likely you may need to replace your axles. There is a lot of info on the axles on the forums.