Old 01-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1969 23' Safari
Blenheim , Ontario
I purchased a waterfill. All went well with the transaction. But as always, got dinged with shipping. Always with the shipping!

Sent from my LG-E617G using Airstream Forums mobile app

Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Ringoes , New Jersey
Silver trailer

I ordered parts online from them Jan 8, they arived the 23, longish time but I was in no rush. They had 5 items that are 73 vintage, new, that I have not been able to get. Very happy to deal with them. John

Old 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Adair , Oklahoma
In this time of many scams, when I first called Silver Trailer Supply I was a little concerned that the person answering the phone had a foreign accent. After checking things out, I called back a few days later to order a rock guard and other items from Dimitri. I am more than satisfied with the service and prices, including shipping & handling, when compared to other suppliers. It's my understanding that a lot of what you see in company names is the result of a business deal with another supplier gone bad through no fault of both parties. IMHO, this appears to be a small business person going through a lot of growing pains in updating and expanding his business.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
The opening page says " We are delighted to announce our expansion to a 36,000 square foot facility in Salt lake City, Utah. Thanks to all of our loyal customers for making this happen!"
I wonder where they really are.
From their web site:

may contact us at:

Silver Trailer Supply
1302 W. Main St. Suite # 21
AUBURN, WA 98001
UNITED STATES

Phone: 877.686.7331 ē 253.306.0039

Email: orders@airstreamsupply.com

My old stomping grounds,

Ken
Old 01-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiestreamer View Post
In this time of many scams, when I first called Silver Trailer Supply I was a little concerned that the person answering the phone had a foreign accent. After checking things out, I called back a few days later to order a rock guard and other items from Dimitri. I am more than satisfied with the service and prices, including shipping & handling, when compared to other suppliers. It's my understanding that a lot of what you see in company names is the result of a business deal with another supplier gone bad through no fault of both parties. IMHO, this appears to be a small business person going through a lot of growing pains in updating and expanding his business.
I bought something from him a year or two ago. I can't remember what, but it was an uneventful deal. (that means no problem)

Ken
Old 01-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #20
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
From their web site:

may contact us at:

Silver Trailer Supply
1302 W. Main St. Suite # 21
AUBURN, WA 98001
UNITED STATES

Phone: 877.686.7331 ē 253.306.0039

Email: orders@airstreamsupply.com

My old stomping grounds,

Ken
New Stomping GroundsÖ
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 4.48.00 PM.png
Views:	174
Size:	694.3 KB
ID:	204260
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1960 24' Tradewind
Riverside , United States
Silver Trailer Supply has moved to Salt Lake City, the owner Dmitri has now become an Airstream selling dealer and is opening an Airstream exclusive retail store under the name Intermountain Airstream.

Greg
Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
1962 22' Flying Cloud
1962 22' Flying Cloud
Yakima , Washington
Silver Trailer Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@AirLA View Post
Silver Trailer Supply has moved to Salt Lake City, the owner Dmitri has now become an Airstream selling dealer and is opening an Airstream exclusive retail store under the name Intermountain Airstream.

Greg
Greg form what I understand after talking to Dmitri the vintage parts and reproduction parts will be sold from the Silver Trailer web site and the new Airstream dealership is Intermountain.
It has been a huge endeavor moving thousand of parts from Auburn, Wa. to Salt Lake City UT. during the month of December. Many parts are now available for the 50's and 60's trailers that couldn't be found anywhere last year. I'm excited to be able to purchase belt moldings for me 56 FC.
range or parts
Dometic 50 or parts
flyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
AXLE!! AXLE!!!! AXLE !!!! not AXEL Jeeeeeeezz....
Old 02-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
Check this out:

Axel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just goes to show ya, Ya never know...???

Ken
Old 02-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #25
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1957 30' Sovereign of the Road
1959 28' Ambassador
1949 24' Limited
Peru , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
What about Axel Rose!
Colin
Colin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:55 PM   #26

Here's another

And another.

I knew a guy once. Everyone said he was a real axel. At least that's what I thought they were saying.

Ken
Old 02-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
Salt Lake City , Utah
The real deal

I visited Intermountain Airstream this morning. Yes, the facility is huge--a drive-in two-story warehouse with office space and extensive parts (new and used) department up front. They are still setting up shop, and the proud owner, Dmitri Sorokovski, gave me a twenty-minute personal tour. I asked for prices for specific items, and he is very competitive. He also does complete restoration work, and has several '30s vintage units in beautiful shape. He also restores old Packards. I also just checked, and the Airstream corporate website lists him as a dealer, although the website listed on Dmitri's card, and on the Airstream site, did not load. I'll try again in a few days. (Interestingly, the web address for airstreamsupply.com works, the name on this site is Silver Trailer Supply, and the street address is the same as for Intermountain Airstream in SLC.)

So for what it's worth, I'm quite comfortable giving him some of my business. He has used and new wing windows--I'll be buying one from him this spring. His office staff (I saw three young women unpacking and sorting) was courteous and helpful, too. If any of you have had any trouble with them, my guess it's because they are just in the middle of setting up the business here, having moved from the Seattle area (or maybe it's a result of all the bad air we've been having in the Salt Lake Valley, which has put everyone in a foul mood, but which thankfully is now ending with warmer weather). Now, perhaps they have a few wrinkles to iron out, but my guess is that they will do a good job with customer service. I should say that I've been an Airstreamer for only a few months, and have never been to a dealer, so take my observations for what they are worth. I suppose many dealers have complete service departments and salespeople scurrying about, or if they are tied into an RV dealership must have a great deal of inventory. (Dmitri said his inventory for sale in coming.) But what I saw was all positive and left me with a good impression. It is nice to now have a dealer in Utah.

They are just west of the junction of Interstate 15 and east-bound I-80. A good location.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #28
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
The spring issue of Airstream Life magazine, that arrived today, lists Silver Trailer Supply as being in Auburn Washington, 98001.

Andy