Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
New '68 Ambassador and a project ahead..

Well I have been on the forum for about a week now.. I bought this 68' Ambassador 28' about a month ago" one year older than me".. There is a dent on the top left back but other than scratches its in good shape.
The inside is also in good shape, everything works, Yeah, We looked for awhile, I didn't want to start fixing from the very beginning, I wanted to go camping.

We have had it out on one trip and it was great. This is an upgrade from a pop up camper...
With a 2 and 5 year old its nice to have a little more room.

We will be redoing the whole inside a bit at a time so we can still use it. It has a newer fridge and a/c unit, and some newer carpet, which will be wood flooring when done..

As i go along I'm sure I will ask plenty of question and post pics for those who would like to see the progress..

Thanks for the help so far, this is a great place for info and help...

Also original red numbers are 4098, the 4 is missing of the back so it looks like 098, got asked about that while camping.....

Here is the picture of the dent. not sure if I can get it out without taking the bathroom wall apart and I wasn't planning on doing that, as the inside walls are in great shape....

also the # with the 4 missing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5752.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	288.5 KB
ID:	64813   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5765.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	64814  

purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio

We love pictures! Sent some over of the "dent". We can compare with my tree-magnet Safari!

Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
1982 24' Airstream 240
Venice , California
Welcome to the forums

We also have a 68 Ambassador. It is a great size. Our trailer had a very rotten floor in the rear bath area and the inside was not in such great shape so we have taken the opportunity to have a complete restoration. We are keeping the original floor plan because we think it works. You can see the progress on then click on blog. Congratulations and we hope to see you on the road someday. paula
Paula & Ed
Suite Spot
Bandit our Boxer
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1968 28'Ambassador
2011 GMC Yukon Denali
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Yeah, we are also gonna keep the original floor plan. We are going to put a bunk in one side for the kids and change all the cabinets to maple or birch. hard wood floor or cork, futon on the front greko coach, and add a grey water tank for sure. We are also gonna get rid of the bins for sliding compartments, and make some of them bigger, so we have storage for chairs and outside stuff.
purman is offline   Reply With Quote