Old 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #1

1969 31' Sovereign
Olympia , Washington
New 1969 Sovereign International HELP!!

Hello This is my first post to the forum. I just purchased a 69 International Sovereign 31 in need of TLC. I have just begun the Labor of love and intend to go vintage whenever possible on the majority of the repairs. I will be heavily modifying the rear bath though. I have a number of Issues I need advice on.

The electricity worked until last evening, checked all the breakers none are popped. One 30A fuse on bottom of panel in rear end is fried, will replace today but can't imagine this has anything to do with 120V stuff.
Yesterday morning: Light in control panel indicated power on, 12 Volt lights and heater fan worked, 120 volt outlets worked.
Yesterday evening: Light in control panel still indicated power on. 12 Volt lights and heater fan don't work, 120 volt outlets don't work

The three burner range parts are rusted and even afterward wire brushing and light sanding the stainless is pitted. I am considering sand blasting and having them powder coated unless there is a way to get pits out.

Bottom of rear bumper storage is missing what should be there?

None of the vents are complete and all have missing openers and covers. Front vent has a fan assembly that works but again no openers, and both openings have a plastic plate duct taped on. The Astro-dome has an aluminum baking sheet screwed on.
Now what should I do? repair or replace roof vents, repair or solid mount Astrodome?

Thanks for the info in advance, any advice for posting in the forums? Titles, where to post etc.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alparce View Post
Hello – This is my first post to the forum. I just purchased a ’69 International Sovereign 31’ in need of TLC. I have just begun the Labor of love and intend to go vintage whenever possible on the majority of the repairs. I will be heavily modifying the rear bath though. I have a number of Issues I need advice on.

The electricity worked until last evening, checked all the breakers none are popped. One 30A fuse on bottom of panel in rear end is fried, will replace today but can’t imagine this has anything to do with 120V stuff.
Yesterday morning: Light in control panel indicated power on, 12 Volt lights and heater fan worked, 120 volt outlets worked.
Yesterday evening: Light in control panel still indicated power on. 12 Volt lights and heater fan don’t work, 120 volt outlets don’t work

The three burner range parts are rusted and even afterward wire brushing and light sanding the stainless is pitted. I am considering sand blasting and having them powder coated unless there is a way to get pits out.

Bottom of rear bumper storage is missing what should be there?

None of the vents are complete and all have missing openers and covers. Front vent has a fan assembly that works but again no openers, and both 14” openings have a plastic plate duct taped on. The Astro-dome has an aluminum baking sheet screwed on.
Now what should I do? repair or replace 14” roof vents, repair or solid mount Astrodome?

Thanks for the info in advance, any advice for posting in the forums? Titles, where to post etc.
Many parts are available for your 69.

What is it you want?

Andy

Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #3

1969 31' Sovereign
Olympia , Washington
Hey thanks for the input Andy. I really need period/model correct advice and photos. Probably photos of all the vents complete with operating parts would be a great start. Also photos of what the rear bumper storage should look like. And advise on the electrical problem.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 AM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
The rear bumper storage on ours is a thin aluminum sheet with drain holes in the corners so it won't hold water. I wouldn't put anything heavy in there, I just store our 'stinky slinky' there.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign