Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Seattle , Washington
Neighbor's Sprinkler Left Mineral Deposits

Unfortunately my neighbors sprinkler was mis-directed for some time and the overspray left a white chalky mineral deposit on the exterior skin of my trailer. What would be the appropriate method to remove such buildup on a newer Airstream. I am asking as I do not what to damage the seal coat on the Aluminum or promote that creepy corrosion........ Filiform.

Any ideas????

Thanks
Doug
drftboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Try some white vinegar diluted 50-50 with water on a mineral-coated inconspicuous spot. If that takes it off, it should not mess up the clear coat or other sealants.

Water deposits are usually calcium based.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:00 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Mainville , Alabama
One of the best products out there for new and old rigs is called "ice" it is made by turtle wax, is silicone based, wipes on easy, and shines like a dream. About 20.00 a bottle, you can find it on ebay , Walmart or a auto store.
Make sure to get the clear liquid ice, it comes with an application pad and small blue Terry cloth.
Clear bottle with a blue top.

Hope this helps.
Shine on
rustyrat is offline   Reply With Quote