If you have an industrial park in your city that is the place to start. Typically MANY of these are warehouse/office spaces - and quite often they come with oversize garage doors suitable for box trucks (or Airstreams). There's one in Virginia Beach that is "mixed use" - storage AND light industrial. It does short term rentals to RV's - during hurricane/Nor'easter threats. ($25 for the weather event!) It's REALLY your perfect location as there is a welder, an auto body shop & upholstery shop, a couple of HVAC companies and even a company that rents scaffolding, fork lifts, man lifts, etc. Their biggest spaces can hold a Prevost.
I don't recognize your town - but if the population is over 25,000 you may have something available. Next choices - find the commericial/industrial landlords in the area. There are lots of empty "big boxes" out there - and if you agree to a "move out with 10 days notice" month to month agreement they will sometimes cut you massively good deals. - as long as the doors are big enough, the ceilings high enough and the building is structurally sound - you can use it. Old car dealerships, empty supermarkets, an old dairy/bottling plant will work.
Retired or semi-retired Farmers? Oh the quonset huts and barns!
Semi-rural Airport? Empty hangar space?
The price will depend largely on the
- vacancy rate - if 35%-40% or more of the available space is vacant it's a renter's market - if the building is "vintage" and there's a lot of newer construction available it favors you
- the current owner - if it's in foreclosure BAD, if someone built for his own business and 3 tenants and hasn't HAD a single tenant in the last two years.... well 30% of something beats 100% of nothing!
- your willingness to pay for your share of utilities - and separate meters!
- you're willingness to clean up and leave quickly if they get a good offer for the space.
- your written obligation to leave it like you found it - make sure you don't get stuck for repairing or replacing appliances or features that were missing when you rented it - but agree to sweep, mop and clean everything! (take move in /move out pictures!)
Happy hunting! Paula