Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 22
Norwalk , IA
Need new brakes

Howdy all, I've been trying to figure out what brakes I need to order for my 1973 Argosy 22' but I haven't found the information anywhere. Is there a place I can look this up? I need new backing plates and magnets. Thanks!
brettmancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Missouri Valley , Iowa
E-trailer would be a good place to do research. You may have a number on the old assembly that you can use or cross reference. Otherwise, measure the shoe / drum diameter and pad width. I’ve seen the drum have the specs you need as well. I have replaced several brake backing plates on my ‘89 Excella and ‘02 Classic. I was able to get self-adjusting assemblies for these trailers. I would certainly ask if this type of assembly is available for your rig. It is worth a few $$$ extra for the convenience. I bought 12” x 2” self adjusting assemblies for $50 - $60 each as spares. You need lefts and rights.

Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote