Old 12-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #365
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Albert- good to know I am not alone. It is driving me crazy!

Old 12-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #366
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
I think I need to change the name of this thread since I have moved past where to begin and onto full refurbishment. I had no idea when I started out that this is where it would go. Any ideas on another name?

Old 12-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #367
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
You are doing great work, thanks for keeping us up to date.

When you asked for suggestions for a new title, what flashed through my mind was the motto of the RAF: "Per ardua ad astra"

It's perhaps more practical in its common English translation than it is in Latin:

"Through bolts and bars we reach the stars."

Or you could just say, Through bolts and bars...

Crazy idea, I know.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #368
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Not crazy! Cool idea! Especially since I have been teaching Latin the last two years. :-). I will be thinking about that.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #369
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Okay so you have not posted in a while which means you have been busy teaching and that is great for the children! Been able to work on her at all? The daughters and grandchildren plus work have made it hard to accomplish much but the warmer weather is coming and we are hoping for some dryer weather so that we can get the shell back on! Jeannie has been ready for a while so I had better get busy before she does it herself (she can too!) have a great day and keep us posted.
Cliff
Old 03-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #370
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
I am still here and I almost have the floor in. The weather has not been good here and yes, it is school season so I am very busy with that. Unfortunately, I am not going to finish this project. (tears) I cannot do it myself and it has become practically impossible to find the kind of help I need to get over the hump, so I am sadly hanging up my rivets and conceding to defeat. I will be selling it as a project for another one that has better capabilities than me. I knew it was a long shot, but I tried. Please keep comments gentle, because I am very sad about it all. I hope I can eventually find a small Airstream motorhome that I can handle myself and still be a part of the Airstream Forum and family, because I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on here and the work that I put into this project. I am proud of the things I was able to learn and accomplish. I am forever grateful all of you who poured time and encouragement into this project. Rivet on!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #371
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
As kind as possible give it a little longer some projects take a long time some not so much. You said that it was an uncles? So take your time and you will find help if only temp help and you take another year or two. Now that is just my opinion but I am sure my BFF Jeannie would agree (7 year old g daughter and everything is about BFF). The lack of help can be frustrating but you really can do it yourself I mean come on you are a teacher and that requires nerves of steel and staying power along with the patients of a saint! So renovating an airstream is a walk in the park! Just my opinion do what you think is right because life is too short and airstreams just do not grow on trees!
Best wishes
Cliff and Regina
Old 03-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #372
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Saying farewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAStreamin View Post
I am still here and I almost have the floor in. The weather has not been good here and yes, it is school season so I am very busy with that. Unfortunately, I am not going to finish this project. (tears) I cannot do it myself and it has become practically impossible to find the kind of help I need to get over the hump, so I am sadly hanging up my rivets and conceding to defeat. I will be selling it as a project for another one that has better capabilities than me. I knew it was a long shot, but I tried. Please keep comments gentle, because I am very sad about it all. I hope I can eventually find a small Airstream motorhome that I can handle myself and still be a part of the Airstream Forum and family, because I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on here and the work that I put into this project. I am proud of the things I was able to learn and accomplish. I am forever grateful all of you who poured time and encouragement into this project. Rivet on!!!
For all who helped.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #373
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
sorry you are quitting. It is a big trailer and a big job. Maybe if someone would get it done for you? PM me if you like and I will send you some info.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #374
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
You gave it your best shot. These projects can be all consuming. At least you knew when to walk away. At least you know everything about the structure of an Airstream so if you look for another one you will be wise.

Perry
Old 04-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #375
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
I really appreciate that!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #376
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
So sorry to hear this!! You were such a motivation for me. I can feel your pain--it is a big job, but certainly not an easy one. Big ol' hugs to you. Keep looking for another one!!

Follow our blog! http://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #377
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Too bad, you were just getting to the fun Stuff.

Putting together the inside while breaking most all of "the rules" is most fulfilling.

Think about it before you hang up your tool belt.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #378
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
You are exactly right. It was going to be fun. I hate to let it go. I really do. The floor looks so good. It is time, however, to walk away and devote more of my "free time" to something else. My family is ready to have me back. Haha. Getting a "new" Airstream today has helped me feel better and my family is desperately ready to finally camp. I think I might have to name this one Cinderella.