Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #381
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Congratulations, check it out and make sure there are no leaks. Remember that plate at the back is a leaker. Glad you got something you don't have to work on forever. If you are ever in Huntsville look us up.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #382
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
I for one am happy for you! You'll be camping and building memories, sometimes the present has to be more important than the future!
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #383
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
I for one am happy for you! You'll be camping and building memories, sometimes the present has to be more important than the future!

Thank you! I love the words sometimes the present has to be more important than the future! I am so stealing that quote. That sums up everything.
GAStreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #384
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
Congratulations, check it out and make sure there are no leaks. Remember that plate at the back is a leaker. Glad you got something you don't have to work on forever. If you are ever in Huntsville look us up.

Perry

Yes, I'm checking for leaks. I'm glad you mentioned the plate. You have always been a big support for me and a huge help. We are definitely headed your way one day. Thanks for everything!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #385
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
We were followers of your thread; bummed you had to close the first adventure, but elated you weren't persuaded into a rehab facility over your aluminum addiction. We hope to see you at a weekend gathering this year. Maybe Falluminum, it is happening this October.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:38 PM   #386
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I would get one of those moisture meters and put some needle probes on it, so you can check to see if there is moisture in the wood under the floor. I still have not covered my floor yet because I am paranoid about leaks.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:54 PM   #387
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
I would get one of those moisture meters and put some needle probes on it, so you can check to see if there is moisture in the wood under the floor. I still have not covered my floor yet because I am paranoid about leaks.

Perry

You are so funny. I took up carpet today. I guess I'm addicted refurbishment. Haha. We are going to put down a floating laminate tomorrow so it can be pulled up easily to check.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #388
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I just noticed this thread. Do you know any high school shop teachers? They'll have kids who aren't "academic" and who might be interested in helping you with your project. They won't work for free, but they might be reasonable.

Ditto for an adult education shop class.

Paula
Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #389
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I just noticed this thread. Do you know any high school shop teachers? They'll have kids who aren't "academic" and who might be interested in helping you with your project. They won't work for free, but they might be reasonable.

Ditto for an adult education shop class.

Paula

Paula, thanks for the idea. We tried that and the tech school. I was willing to pay well. I don't mean to sound cynical, but I have found through this, I have been left with the impression that people don't want to work, at least the people around here. My brother in law did a lot, but it took me instructing him a good bit. The whole thing has just taken way more time than I have. That maybe a good suggestion for someone who lives in a different area.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #390
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Jeannie asked me once that after all of the frustrations with the caravel is redoing an overlander is still in my plans! I told her yes and with out a second thought because I can and it is actually kinda fun. Do not get me wrong the promised help that does not happen gets to me every once in a while but I actually want to do it myself anyway. Improvise adapt and overcome has always been how I have looked at life! Jeannie has limited use of her left arm and even though she really wants to help I ask her not to because she is my best friend and I would never forgive myself if she got hurt! Son in law get abused on a regular basis but he has fun and the food is free so when it gets too hard I can call on him and no he has no clue when it comes to airstream but wants to learn new things and is a quick study. Good luck to you with the new to you airstream looks nice. I give thanks to those who teach or heal and I thank you for your service.
Cliff
Hope to meet your family and you on the road some day!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #391
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
We were followers of your thread; bummed you had to close the first adventure, but elated you weren't persuaded into a rehab facility over your aluminum addiction. We hope to see you at a weekend gathering this year. Maybe Falluminum, it is happening this October.

I would love to do Falluminum! Isn't that in North Georgia?
Old 04-17-2014, 12:53 AM   #392
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Yes, water front on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee at the North Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds. Terrific people, good food, and a wonderful weekend with ~30+ tin cans of all ages. The group meets twice a year. It is named Springstream in April (met this past weekend) and Falluminum in October. It is a "show up and join in" event with no fees other than the nightly campsite cost: Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds: Hiawassee, Georgia: Country Music Capital of Georgia

This year's thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-a-118397.html
Old 04-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #393
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
Yes, water front on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee at the North Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds. Terrific people, good food, and a wonderful weekend with ~30+ tin cans of all ages. The group meets twice a year. It is named Springstream in April (met this past weekend) and Falluminum in October. It is a "show up and join in" event with no fees other than the nightly campsite cost: Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds: Hiawassee, Georgia: Country Music Capital of Georgia

This year's thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...-a-118397.html

Do you have to make any reservations?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:40 PM   #394
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Yes, with the campground directly hence the link. They are holding section A sites for the streamers, but will then open that area up to others around May some time I think.

The campground is usually sold out in mid October through mid November during the height of the fall leaf season. Making a reservation early and canceling is a whole lot easier than waiting for an opening to appear at the last minute.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:14 AM   #395
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Yes, that link keeps sending me tanks. I found the post about it though. Thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #396
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Need Help: Where To Begin