Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #267
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM66caravel View Post
Oh yes they are a great team the youngest is going to have the twins within the next week or so! She looks like she feels so bad yet she is at work as we write!
Bless her heart! My sister was the same way. I felt sooo bad for her. She was a nurse , and so uncomfortable. She has the sweetest twin girls now. They are same age as my daughter and they are my heart. I was in the delivery room with her and she did great. Can't wait to hear they are here and everyone is healthy! You are blessed with a great family! Me too!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #268
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
LJ is a nurse and working at 35 weeks and she has gotten big!

Old 06-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #269
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Unhappy Let down again

The 2nd welder has let me down. They keep acting like they want to help me, but just put me off week after week. Please don't say told you so. I'm real discouraged. I feel helpless. Probably took on more than I can do.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #270
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Do you have new axles that you need installed or are you repairing the current ones? Please don't get too discouraged. There's someone out there that needs the work who can help. There's always hurdles. I feel your pain!!

Follow our blog! http://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #271
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAStreamin View Post
The 2nd welder has let me down. They keep acting like they want to help me, but just put me off week after week. Please don't say told you so. I'm real discouraged. I feel helpless. Probably took on more than I can do.
My husband worked with this welder this time. It wasn't me.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #272
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
You are doing good!break out the yellow pages and start calling you will persevere besides the work efforts are not what they were!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #273
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
And you haven't taken on more than what's possible. You can get through this!! I'm cheering for ya

Follow our blog! http://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #274
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Welder #3 lined up for Monday at 1. Tears have turned to laughter, kind of. It is so ridiculous, it's almost funny. Our yellow pages are about an 1/8 in thick. Welders here don't really advertise. It is a good ole boy network. My husband and daddy are as much a part of that network as anyone. What we have going on here is we are in a HUGE agriculture community and this is the priority. It is a situation of we will get to you if and when we can. Used my resource, my husband's and now my dad's. We have some other possibilities, but going with this. Good grief! This part is taking much longer than I ever imagined! Thanks for all the encouragement!!!! I almost couldn't keep going if I didn't have this forum for advice,
Old 06-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #275
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
If you hit even the biggest thickest rock blocking your way with a little hammer you will eventually chip your way through! The Marine corps way regroup and attack in another direction. Other words don't give up!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #276
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
If you can get it to me I will weld it for you. I hate yahoos that have no work ethics.

Perry
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #277
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM66caravel View Post
If you hit even the biggest thickest rock blocking your way with a little hammer you will eventually chip your way through! The Marine corps way regroup and attack in another direction. Other words don't give up!
That is a great saying. Thanks!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #278
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
If you can get it to me I will weld it for you. I hate yahoos that have no work ethics.

Perry
I guess I will try again with one more yahoo and if it doesn't work out, I guess I will pack up shop and head your way. Not sure how, but we could try. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #279
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1977 View Post
And you haven't taken on more than what's possible. You can get through this!! I'm cheering for ya
Thank you for the encouragement! :-)
Old 06-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #280
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Moultrie , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post

Perry
Yes, even my dh who is easy going layed back type got annoyed. The guy told us a day he would come out 3 times and when we would wait and we not hear we would call and he would put it off. Finally, he said Wednesday (a day he was suppose to come out) he would be there Friday, finally it got close to lunch and we haven't hear from him, dh calls him, he never called back, he kept calling, he is out of town working on gate. Might be here Monday. What?? Dh said thanks but no thanks. So, called welder #3 he will be here Monday at 1pm. I am not holding my breath, though. I' ll believe it when I see it. Usually I meet with everyone because I know how to explain it all, as novice as I am, I am the most knowledgable around here, but I never met with this last guy, and he still was a jerk. I am novice enough to not know and my husband asked me this, but he doesn't know either, are what we asking too simple they don't want to fool with it or is it too complicated??? To us, it seems simple, but then again it must not be too simple or we would be doing it. I think if it was straight forward welding, no problem, we would have it done by my neighbor. I think what is throwing them it making the pieces. I wonder if they are available from Airstream?? I guess I should have asked when I ordered the outriggers. If I wasn't so scared of welding, I would try it, but I am afraid of getting hurt. :-/