Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Currently Looking...
Granbury , Texas
Need help!

My wife and I went and looked at a 2006 25' se FB. It had significant damage on the front end cap all three pieces exterior were damaged. The damage was not visible interior. The floor in the rear of the airstream had been replaced due to water damage. The leak which caused this damage has not been addressed (seller planning to re-caulk windows and seams). The exterior panels door side along the entire length included door and rounded lower end cap in rear have a scratch/minor dent. Please advised how much this this type of damage should reduce the price! Any information would be helpful.

Cillessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
There is no real answer to your question. The metal damage sounds fairly extensive and would be very expensive to repair back to new looking. The front end cap damage may be enough to cause leaks, even if you were willing to live with the looks. The leak in the back which has not been addressed would be of a big concern to me. How well the rear floor repair was done is also an issue.

To be quite frank, from what you say about it, I would be unwilling to buy it at most any price above salvage, but then I like a nice looking and performing rig. You may have different expectations. Which is why I say it is hard to answer your original question.

One thing many here will tell you is that there are many Airstreams out there, and you don't need to buy the first one you see. Take your time to look. You will also hear that, unless you love a project, buy the best and most cared for rig you can find, as you will pay a lot to have any repairs, even seemingly minor ones, done. A rig which needs no repairs or upgrading is often the best one, and the extra money is well spent.

Best of luck and happy hunting on your quest.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote