Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Ocala , Florida
Water Leak Under Sink

After traveling on I-10 West through Baton Rouge (bumpy ride) I developed leak under sink of 2015 International Serenity. Source was loose connection between detachable faucet HEAD and flexible faucet HOSE. Water tracked back along hose to under sink area. Pipe thread tape and tightening the connection eliminated the problem. Simple to fix when you know where leak comes from. Good luck.
Mas Tierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:55 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Sarasota , Florida
1st night my wife found water under the sink in our new 2016 30FB. Same thing the water filter was leaking. I removed it and put it back a few times and it still leaked. I eventually just removed it and put the original pipe fitting back.
Makes you a little paranoid as to think what about the fittings I can't see or get to.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:03 AM   #23

2016 28' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Florida
Update: Found the Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashke View Post
Has this happened to you? Here is the situation: Brand new 2016 FC 28' Rear Queen with dual A/C ducted units; our first weekend camping with her. We were hooked up to city water at the campground and both A/C zones were set to Automatic 68* (heat pump as it was chilly in the morning). We have a small throw rug in front of the kitchen sink galley, and each morning when we awoke the rug was very noticeably wet. The first morning, we just assumed that either the kids spilled a bottle of water, or it got wet from doing the nights dishes. So I let the rug dry out all day and placed it back in the same spot the second night. I checked the rug before I went to sleep that second night and it was definitely dry. The next morning it was wet again in the same exact spot. I check under the sink, under the counters, from the above A/C and everywhere I could think of and could not see where water originated from. It smelled like fresh water - no odor! It's still a mystery to me.
It was the fitting on the water pump that was leaking. On our second camping trip it started to pool water again. and this time I was able to find where it was coming from. On the 28' RQ the water pump is located under the convection/Microwave. Had to remove a panel to access the water pump, and saw the water dripping from the fitting. Tightened it up and seems to be the fix.
Smashke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Water leak

Be glad you can access your water pump. On my 2015 FC 28, you have to remove the entire electrical panel or refrigerator. There is no other way to even touch the pump, let alone work on it.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote