Old 08-28-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2009 19' Flying Cloud
Akron , Ohio
My 2016 Flying Cloud Leaks (and other stuff)

I took delivery of my new 2016 25 ft. Flying Cloud in July. Since then I have had 21 different issues ranging from multiple appliances, the hitch, door, exterior trim, and holes in the shower stall a five year old patched at the factory. Those are just the highlights. I was willing to work with Airstream to resolve all of the issues at the factory. Some have been band aided on the road though repair shops or do gooders. However, this weekend I discovered a significant leak in the bedroom. Lots of posts here on leaks, but here is what I am wondering. The trailer has been outside on a lot at Airstream and then the dealer for a long time. I am concerned there may be significant damage I can't see that will fester over time due to corrosion, mold, etc.

I am wondering if I should give up repairs on this one and pursue replacement. Sort of got a hint today when I went to use the toilet and the seat slid off the side due to a stripped fastener. My butt may be a bit old, but it isn't heavy

robi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , CO/NV
robi... set an appointment at Jackson Center, Ohio and get your rig in for service.

Our 2016 23 foot Safari was taken there before our warranty expired. They are competent and have the materials on site.

We had a warped closet door to fender wells not fitted to the aluminum properly which ended up funneling dust and debris from the road into our trailer. I was a newbie, for sure. Spent one week there... the hot chocolate and tours were an added bonus.

Our shower developed a crack on the side and they did not replace the shower, but did a white epoxy repair, that held up for eight years and counting. So a lot of repressed anger and just disappointment for the first two plus years. After Jackson Center... the punch list was completed.

Cabinet hinges and wood screw upgrades I did myself and when the trailer was sold... it had been shopped out.

Make up a list of what needs to be done or looked at for Jackson Center. When you bring it in, they will start on your list and while sitting with other Airstream owners... you will have some other things to check out before you sign off.

Good luck. Just act quickly. Jackson Center will do you right.

Human Bean
Ray Eklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2009 19' Flying Cloud
Akron , Ohio
Thanks! This is my second Airstream, sure wish I could get the old one back. I had work done at the factory on my first and am already in discussions with them on this one. I am trying to get info on the potential issues with a long term leak after repair, but I am glad you mentioned the debris issue as I have noticed this radiating from around the bathroom sink and figured something was loose on the belly. Yet another addition to my long list.
robi is offline   Reply With Quote