Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #41
one of those

2011 27 FB International
'03 F250 PSD , Airstream summers, Catalac winters
I picked up a couple of aluminum colored levels. Right next to the yellow ones. Ain't stuck em noplace yet. I have a torpedo level with a magnetic strip down one edge. Works good up front on the frame.

I liked the suggestion someone made about putting a torpedo level in a frying pan on the stove. I hate it when the eggs run out and over one side...
Old 11-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
OK, I've also found a fool proof way to level the AS w/o getting out of the truck even once, or installing a level. When we get to our site and I get parked, my wife gets out and into the trailer, calls on the cell phone & lets me know when the shower and fridge doors hang where "she" wants, if too off from left to right, she grabs the leveling blocks and puts them under the correct wheels. Works every time. !

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
This Method I Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
I liked the suggestion someone made about putting a torpedo level in a frying pan on the stove. I hate it when the eggs run out and over one side...
Afterall, the eggs in the frying pan are the final dertermination if all the other methods worked or not. Why not start with them?
Four Corners Unit WBCCI #5783
Alumaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #44
one of those

2011 27 FB International
I've also found that I have some fine adjustment tuning capability regarding who rolls which direction in the FB queen sized bed.

This is funny, but about ten years ago I would have been considering using lasers or GPS to come up with an expensive and highly accurate horizontal situation analysis and adjustment system. Could do it with microwave but I think using passive sensors with a pre-positioned and stability maintained baseline reference is the way to go.

Now? ha. even the chinese can't screw up a bubble of air for long.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
Just a personal opinion, but I like to level the floor, because I don't like climbing hills...hard on my old knees.

And besides, if your eggs "run out and over one side", I think you are using the griddle when you should be using the pan.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #46
one of those

2011 27 FB International
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Just a personal opinion, but I like to level the floor, because I don't like climbing hills...hard on my old knees.

And besides, if your eggs "run out and over one side", I think you are using the griddle when you should be using the pan.

nope it was definitely a frying pan. It said "RevereWare" right there in the middle of it in that copper part where I kept putting the eggs. You use the big cupped area under the pan to contain the flame of the gas burner, right?

I did notice the handle goes downward at an angle, from the edge of the bottom closest to the stove. not sure why that was designed that way. I keep hitting my knuckles on the edge of the stove.

you'd think they'd pack a better manual with these things.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Quote:
nope it was definitely a frying pan. It said "RevereWare" right there in the middle of it in that copper part where I kept putting the eggs. You use the big cupped area under the pan to contain the flame of the gas burner, right?

I did notice the handle goes downward at an angle, from the edge of the bottom closest to the stove. not sure why that was designed that way. I keep hitting my knuckles on the edge of the stove.

UH, sure, OK, fine.

Mind if I have a swig out of that bottle?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #48
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
The design of the handle is intended to compensate for the inability of some users to properly level their Airstream.
The handle is to be pointed to the low side and assists is keeping the eggs on the flat surface.
Hope this helps.
Some things are just to simple.
Dave

Quote:

masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote