Old 05-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Well that it is really where this thread started. I just needed to pull the threshold to see if there was a problem, but I didn't know how. I didn't bother looking from the outside of the AS because there are 3 very obvious rivets that hold the threshold on the outside of the door frame. That is the extent of the work to date.....pulling the threshold and 3 staples. Now I get the AS wet and see what happens.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:58 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Test the meter on various woods around the house to get a feel of the scale....but 100%? something's up if it tests good on known dry woods. Dry being a relative term. During humid times, pine in my garage will read as high as 12%. During winter dry weather the same piece will read about 5%. But that's my particular meter.

Also, I think those tracks are not from cleaning...to me there's the point where the water is coming to the interior. I'd look north of there for your leak. What's above that area on the roof?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Little Rock , Arkansas
Just the zip dee awning and the skylight in the middle of the roof.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Try pulling the interior trim from the skylight and see if there's evidence of water marks or damp wood. Yes there is wood up there for the shade mounting. The awning rail can leak to the interior. Make sure all heads are sealed and the sealer running the whole length of the rail is in tact.

Sent from my XT907 using Airstream Forums mobile app

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:02 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Thanks - I'm off to check my floors this week - if I can find the meter that is argh!!

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I would landrum try and set it all up with paper towel in area that appears to be wet by the meter...and during next heavy rain, if there is a leak, it will wick up the paper towel and that will be a smoking gun I would think?

I would also probe with the sonin and mark off “borders” of the moisture with something that you can wash off...washable marker of some sort? then make sure it does not expand further as well and keep a track record of growth..

Perhaps once moisture gets in such a tight sealed place it will remain pretty moist for quite some time....thus giving the 100% reading - I noticed with my current leak, that if you track on further and further the reading slopes off from 100% and drops down more and more till reads zero....

Good luck.

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
1970 21' Globetrotter
Hamilton , Montana
You voided your warranty?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
We also encountered water damage at the threshold of our 2007 25FB Safari. Discovered that it was a leak around the "scare light" that had not been sealed properly. You could not tell from the outside. Check that the best you can to see if not the source especially since yours is at the threshold. Airstream treated us very fairly considering history. Hope you find your leak source.
Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdod25 View Post
You voided your warranty?

Not sure who you are asking. If me the answer is no.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Spanish Fort , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumitater View Post
We also encountered water damage at the threshold of our 2007 25FB Safari. Discovered that it was a leak around the "scare light" that had not been sealed properly. You could not tell from the outside. Check that the best you can to see if not the source especially since yours is at the threshold. Airstream treated us very fairly considering history. Hope you find your leak source.
Correction: the leak was at the step light next to the door, not the scare light.

Alumitater is offline   Reply With Quote