Old 01-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
Would be great to see some detail on your shock install. Always wanted shocks for my 16. I've gotten no positive feedback from a couple shops I talked to about it. The little ones need a smooth ride too !!
PM if easier...
Thanks....

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Adoptee -- '78 Argosy 24' Moho -- Big Girl
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy Bank View Post
OK please share info on the shelf. Is it custom, or can I buy one? Very Cool.
The shelf is something I made up one evening. It is pretty slick and works perfectly (if I do say so myself...).
I posted a picture of it on a FaceBook Airstream group page and people went nuts! It was hysterical. I would imagine that it might be mass produced but my fear is that small differences in the curtain track spacing would make fitting it a trailer by trailer event.

Bruce

Old 01-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbender View Post
Would be great to see some detail on your shock install. Always wanted shocks for my 16. I've gotten no positive feedback from a couple shops I talked to about it. The little ones need a smooth ride too !!
PM if easier...
Thanks....

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Give Colin Hyde in Vermont a call... He has the brackets that must be added to the axel. It was pretty easy actually
Old 01-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #18
David

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Radio wire to battery

I'd love to know how you got the wire to the battery. Is you radio in front or rear of coach. Mines in the rear but the reprogramming part drives me nuts. What subwoofer did you go with?

David
Old 01-19-2016, 12:30 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Awesome 16' Bambi. Currently searching for a 16' Bambi in mint condition. I'll have to keep this info for the future. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 01-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . .It seems like a Hensley for a 16' is a little overkill. . . I'm pulling a Sport 17 with no wd setup. Were you having problems with sway ? thanks, Craig
Old 01-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davz2k View Post
I'd love to know how you got the wire to the battery. Is you radio in front or rear of coach. Mines in the rear but the reprogramming part drives me nuts. What subwoofer did you go with?

David
Our radio is just above the battery disconnect switch. I simply snaked a wire from the switch (there is a terminal that is always live in the switch) and the radio. As I recall it took me most of a Saturday to accomplish!
BB
Old 01-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa View Post
Hi from AZ. . .It seems like a Hensley for a 16' is a little overkill. . . I'm pulling a Sport 17 with no wd setup. Were you having problems with sway ? thanks, Craig
We bought our Airstream new. The dealer sold us an Equalizer hitch and showed us how to hitch up. It all seemed fine...
We went to our first WBCCI event and began meeting Airstreamers. Some really put miles on their trailers! Our group is a great unit with a fair amount of diversity. I noticed a fair number of pivot projection hitches there...
Then we decided to head to an Alumapalooza. Here I began running into people who had had accidents, towed with lots of different vehicles, had tons of miles under their belts etc., a theme was developing on the subject of hitches.
Finally I ran into an engineer from our local group who asked me how I liked our Equalizer. He listened to my answer and proceeded to talk about his own experience towing, first with an Equalizer and then later with a pivot projection type hitch (Hensley). He is the person who clarified the way it worked and best qualified the experience.

After a year of towing with the Equalizer and still feeling that it was probably just fine, I got curious enough to give one a try...

What can I say? the difference is like night and day!
If you are happy with your set up, that is great. I wanted to see for myself why people used the hitch and I was astounded...We will put on 6000 to 8000 miles in the next 6 to 8 weeks. I want the experience to be as comfortable as possible and the hitch makes a big difference. That is enough for me.
Bruce
Old 01-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Eugene , Oregon
Fabulous thread! Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St Paul , MN
I love the shelf too! I could use one for by the couch. Very cool. Hubby makes coffee but not shelves so if anyone finds these are being massed produced please post it.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Love the mods

As one who must change whatever I have to my personal preferences, i love the changes to your trailer. Now, what would be very nice would be more photos .....unless I missed something....
AIR #31871 WBAC #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
As one who must change whatever I have to my personal preferences, i love the changes to your trailer. Now, what would be very nice would be more photos .....unless I missed something....
A lot of is has been posted one at a time here as I performed the modifications but... as we are about to leave with our Bambi for warmer climes, I promise to put together a little picture show as soon as we get to someplace warm!
Stay tuned!
BB
Old 01-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #27

2015 16' Sport
St. Louis , Missouri
Really appreciate your post! We have a 2015 Bambi Sport that we would like to modify as well, starting with the bed. Would love to know how you had the bed rebuilt - would you mind elaborating on that? We are contemplating getting rid of the factory mattress soon and buying a full size memory foam mattress and cutting it to fit, but are really curious to see what you and others have done ... thanks!
Old 01-19-2016, 05:25 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaund67 View Post
Really appreciate your post! We have a 2015 Bambi Sport that we would like to modify as well, starting with the bed. Would love to know how you had the bed rebuilt - would you mind elaborating on that? We are contemplating getting rid of the factory mattress soon and buying a full size memory foam mattress and cutting it to fit, but are really curious to see what you and others have done ... thanks!
We took the original mattress to our favorite boat interior shop. They deemed the foam "junk" and replaced it with some kind of memory foam laminate...
Whatever he used (I can call and ask) it is the same thickness, uses the original cover but it's incredibly comfortable!
That is the extent of the bed mods beyond closing some of the gaps between the bulkheads and the platform so that things like remotes and wallets do not fall into the nether regions of the trailer