Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 23' International CCD
vero beach , Florida
Microwave problem

I was cleaning the AS and noticed the microwave was not illuminated. I opened the door of the microwave and saw the little button that makes the glass tray spin around was spinning. The light is on in the microwave too, but the outside panel is not able to light up, nor do any of the push things on the front work. So....any ideas? I shut down all the electricity and then turned it back on, but the same issues are going on. Thanks in advance for your help.
sherrylynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
Saw that recently with the inside light of the MW in a friend's A/S motor home. Usually means a circuit board short. Or in other words a new microwave. We put a new one in. Had to build a new face frame in the cabinets due to size diff but fairly easy and Sherwin Williams matched the stain.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:47 PM   #3
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
I recently found the front panel dead on mine. I didn't even bother to troubleshoot. I replaced it. I found one at Home Depot that was fairly close. I had to make a shim to make the bracket at the top work.
CRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:40 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The bad news is, you almost certainly need a new microwave.
The good news is, you can use this as an opportunity to get a new, updated version. We have really liked the convection microwave we installed in ours, to replace the old microwave.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Oracle , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
The bad news is, you almost certainly need a new microwave.
The good news is, you can use this as an opportunity to get a new, updated version. We have really liked the convection microwave we installed in ours, to replace the old microwave.
Yup' same here. got ours from Camping World. It's supposed to be ruggedized for trailoring. So far so good.
Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited
Tucson , Arizona
Ours (black Sanyo convection/microwave) had display issues shortly after we bought it. Basicly the microwave worked, but no readable display. Anyways, I found a guy on the internet who repairs the display boards, took the damn thing all apart & sent it in for.repair. 3 weeks later it did the same thing. Luckily, Sears carried the EXACT same oven on-line only. So it was a simple swap. If I remember right, it was about 200 bucks. ( not too bad)
truxpin is offline   Reply With Quote