Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #15
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEITZ645 View Post
Anybody remember the good ole days when the dimmer switch was on the floor and to start a vehicle you turned the key and then stepped on a button on the floor to actually start the engine???
Hey, that's still how I start our tractor, a 1948 Ford 8N. Of course, you never take the key out. And if you do, you just reach for the ignition wires sticking out in plain site and stick them together -- and then push the big button.

Lynn

Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Mohrsville , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydogsmom View Post
My 59 corvette will start with no key in the ignition as long as you don't turn it to the lock position before you take out the key.

Annette
I had a '71 Monte Carlo SS where the keys were so wornd down you could start the car and with it running, remove the key .

Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Hey, that's still how I start our tractor, a 1948 Ford 8N. Of course, you never take the key out. And if you do, you just reach for the ignition wires sticking out in plain site and stick them together -- and then push the big button.

Lynn
My relatives in NC have an old Ford 8N, I love that tractor. Where we keep our '87 Excella at Penn Wood Airstream Park we have an old Ferguson (Before they joined up with Massey) and I always make an excuse to take it out for a spin. The Ferguson could be a twin to the 8N.

I always loved trying to mess with a manual choke, push the starter button, and mess with the throttle to get a cantankerous cold motor running

TAC PA-3
S/OS#042
AIR #14487
NQ3U (was KB3UOM)
DEITZ645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1992 34' Excella
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Hey, replacing an Airstream key is the easy and inexpensive part. Just don't lose your modern vehicle key! I lost the keys to our Ford during the winter. Ok, it's one of those electronic doo-dads, no big deal, just go to Ford and get a new one made. And Ford gladly replaced the key.

FOR 128 BUCKS!!

Lynn
And if you wear out your remote for a Nissan, you have to buy a new remote and the dealership charges over $100 to program it to your vehicle.

That is until a disgruntled Nissan employee released the secret procedure to the internet, which consists of putting the ignition key rapidly in and out of the lock several times then pushing the button on the remote and then another button. Sheesh they're charging a lot of money for that.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #18
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
Shipping prices

Quote:
Yep the key is 4.95 but they want $16.37 to ship it! That was USPS. More if they ship it UPS. Whats the world coming to? It only cost 41 cents for a stamp.

Annette
I feel the need to explain Out-of-Doors Mart shipping policies as this thread may give folks the wrong impression.

Our shipping policy in-short is, "we charge what they charge, plus $3.00". If you purchase something from our on-line store and I can ship it a cheaper way, I will do so and pass the savings back to you. I have done this many times. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten replys to my emails because people have been amazed at getting a refund.

Our shopping cart is set a little high for some items and for U S Mail. The reason being is UPS does a better job for most items we ship, and over all customer satisfaction is higher.

I had one guy ask, "why don't you fix it. Other sites give an accurate shipping total." Ours gives them too for 95% of all orders. And those other sites don't sell 4 cent items . They either sell big ticket items or nothing at all.

Out-of-Doors Mart has been around longer than any other Airstream dealership in world. It has been the opinion of management that when people buy from you, you need to service what you sell. WE ARE SELLING PARTS FOR THE PRODUCTS WE HAVE SOLD. And we are doing it on-line with a very high rate of customer satisfaction, and we are #1 in Airstream Parts sales. And I am personaly proud to be a member of this team.

So, if you are getting a high shipping rate on our on-line store, just put Best way in the comments at check out, and we will send it the cheapest way. I will refund the overage.

Once again, THANK YOU all for helping Out-of-Doors Mart be #1 in Airstream Parts sales.

Dan
Old 08-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan4odm View Post
I feel the need to explain Out-of-Doors Mart shipping policies as this thread may give folks the wrong impression.

Our shipping policy in-short is, "we charge what they charge, plus $3.00". If you purchase something from our on-line store and I can ship it a cheaper way, I will do so and pass the savings back to you. I have done this many times. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten replys to my emails because people have been amazed at getting a refund.

Our shopping cart is set a little high for some items and for U S Mail. The reason being is UPS does a better job for most items we ship, and over all customer satisfaction is higher.

I had one guy ask, "why don't you fix it. Other sites give an accurate shipping total." Ours gives them too for 95% of all orders. And those other sites don't sell 4 cent items . They either sell big ticket items or nothing at all.

Out-of-Doors Mart has been around longer than any other Airstream dealership in world. It has been the opinion of management that when people buy from you, you need to service what you sell. WE ARE SELLING PARTS FOR THE PRODUCTS WE HAVE SOLD. And we are doing it on-line with a very high rate of customer satisfaction, and we are #1 in Airstream Parts sales. And I am personaly proud to be a member of this team.

So, if you are getting a high shipping rate on our on-line store, just put Best way in the comments at check out, and we will send it the cheapest way. I will refund the overage.

Once again, THANK YOU all for helping Out-of-Doors Mart be #1 in Airstream Parts sales.

Dan
I have ordered several times from Out of Doors Mart and Dan has called me to offer different shipping methods which would save cost. He does step of his way to make sure that the customer is satisfied.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
I have ordered several times from Out of Doors Mart and Dan has called me to offer different shipping methods which would save cost. He does step of his way to make sure that the customer is satisfied.

Bill
Ditto for me. But Dan and I communicated via email. I highly recommend this Airstream Dealer.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
My 59 corvette will start with no key in the ignition as long as you don't turn it to the lock position before you take out the key.

Annette
Where exactly did you say you lived?

Good luck with your key AS key hunt.

JB
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #22
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Ok, it's one of those electronic doo-dads, no big deal, just go to Ford and get a new one made. And Ford gladly replaced the key.

FOR 128 BUCKS!!

Lynn
VW has one over Ford, $165.00. However, there is a class action suit againt VW right now; the problem, as with the other auto makers, is that they will not 'share' the software they use for their keys to locksmiths, hence you have no choice but to buy it from them. As for our Airstreams, a dremel works just fine.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #23
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Thumbs up

I have ordered a few times from Dan and every time they have refunded me money because the shipping was less then they estimated. I had a problem with one part that I ordered and it was returned and I was refunded my payment. They are on my preferred vendor list.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #24

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Colfax , North Carolina
That is good to know.