Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Looking for Shower door parts for 1987 Excella

My trailer has a solid clear plastic accordion type of shower door. It consists of 4 panels that are hinged. Along both the top and the bottom, where the hinges are, there is a U-shaped track - U-top open on the top rail and bottom open on the bottom rail. Where the hinges are, there are small plastic brackets which have a nylon wheel - these wheels glide in the U-track and hold the shower panels door in place. One of these assemblies broke, and gluing it together was not successful. I have tried to locate replacement assemblies without any success - I called JC, Vintage Trailer Supply and Inland RV without success. Does anyone have or know who has any of these parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060137.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	186297  
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
1972 27' Overlander
Wakefield , Rhode Island
I think Shower Solutions USA SHOWER WATER DAM, FOLDING SHOWER DOORS, SHOWER SEAT has the wheels you're looking for. They are listed on the following web page (as Item #27) Tub-Master Door Parts. I ordered several of these wheels from them yesterday at just under $5.00 apiece. The very nice lady I talked to said that they had lots of them left. Shipping costs were very reasonable.
Shower Solutions USA (407) 314-2176
msimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Thanks msimon. I ended up buying some stainless steel shower door wheels at one oif the local big box hardware stores (can't recall if it was Reno or Home Depot) along with some 1/2" aluminum angle stock and made new brackets with wheels for the two plastic/nylon original ones. They're not as "pretty" as the original ones, but the function just as well and can only be seen from the inside of the shower - you have to pointedly look for them.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
blkmagikca is offline   Reply With Quote