Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Wendell , Massachusetts
Looking for Airstream repair person in NY

We just bought a 2006 31' Classic (our first Airstream) and have a couple recall items that need to be taken care of.....unfortunately we think the previous owners didn't do this an we bought it from a dealer who didn't tell us. We live in Western Mass and there aren't any nearby Airstream service locations. I remember seeing a posting for a man who set up shop in New York who had previously worked for an Airstream dealer or factory. Does anyone know who that might be?
Thanks. Oh, and the recalls are for the Actibrake, brake lines and the Dometic refrigerator.
suzieleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Here he is - WELCOME TO CLASSIC RV REPAIR & RESTORATIONS, LLC.

You might need to go through an authorized Airstream dealer to get the recalls done though; nearest one is Airstream of New England. Lousy of the selling dealer (who I assume not to be an AS dealer) not to handle that for you.

Tom
Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
West Dummerston , Vermont
Check Nomad Airstream in Plattsburgh. They are an authorized dealer. Also Profile in Nashua, NH
2008 Triton TR186
ricks-vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieleigh View Post
We just bought a 2006 31' Classic (our first Airstream) and have a couple recall items that need to be taken care of.....unfortunately we think the previous owners didn't do this an we bought it from a dealer who didn't tell us. We live in Western Mass and there aren't any nearby Airstream service locations. I remember seeing a posting for a man who set up shop in New York who had previously worked for an Airstream dealer or factory. Does anyone know who that might be?
Thanks. Oh, and the recalls are for the Actibrake, brake lines and the Dometic refrigerator.
suzieleigh....................The guy your looking for is George Hernandez who now owns Classic RV Repair & Restorations located at 5 Sybil Court S-B, Holmes, NY 12531. The place is right off Rte 84. Phone numbers are Wk # 845-319-6007, cell # 914-523-8310. He was working for Valenti's RV Legends Airstream in Waterbury, Ct before they closed their doors. He worked on my 25' Safari while working at Valenti's and has done work on my trailer at his new place and his work has always been perfect. If you do a search on this site you will see positive comments from the people that have used him since opening his own place. WELCOME TO CLASSIC RV REPAIR & RESTORATIONS, LLC.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Colonial Airstream

Being that new, I'd take it to Colonial Airstream in central NJ.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Wendell , Massachusetts
Thanks to everyone for the information. Contacted George at Classic RV (2 1/2 hours away) and he's on-board to do our recall items sometime in February or March.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Good to hear! I've been happy with all the work George has done on my trailer. Mine will be going to him in March as well to get its annual checkup/repairs.

Tom
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Wendell , Massachusetts
Thanks again for sending me to see George at Classic RV Repair. Dropped our baby off yesterday to get all the recalls done and also have him check a few things out. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. Glad to find someone you feel comfortable bringing your "travel home" to. Also saw the beautiful work he did repairing an Excella that had the tire fly fly off and damage the side and rear bumper.....beautiful repair job.

Hope those Southern Airstreamers are getting a little more warmth and no more snow!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Wendell , Massachusetts
Picked up our Airstream from George at Classic RV yesterday.....recalls done, shocks replaced and belly pan repaired. Glad that George has an eye and the skill to find and repair the necessary things. Will surely be taking it back whenever on-going maintenance is needed. George also told us a lot about things that should be done routinely and what to use.....whew! never knew there was so much to learn but he's got us on the right track now.
Remember George if you're looking for a very skilled mechanic who can do just about anything. Thanks again George!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
East Durham , New York
Repair

Glad to know there is a reliable repair service in NY.

I've been taking mine back to Ohio for any repairs after my terrible experience at Colonial. They are good for sales but not for service.

The people at the factory are awesome!!!
bluvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Wendell , Massachusetts
The best part about George is that he handles everything.....it's not like taking your "baby" to a dealer who then sends it to a mechanic who then gets the body shop involved and then you get it back and who knows what they really did? I definitely like dealing with the small one-man shop where attention to detail is important. George gets customer who drive many miles to see him......oh maybe I shouldn't say too many good things or next time he'll be too busy....not worried...check George out!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Airstream Forums mobile app